AbbVie and SASA Scholarships take care of the financial Burden of Medical Students in South Africa. The scholarship is worth up to R12, 500.00. This is the opportunity to study in South Africa for free.
For you to win the Abbvie and SASA Scholarships 2020, you have to read through the end of this article.
SASA is an associate institution, that is devoted to bettering the anesthesia field for an academic and clinical point.
Relevant information about the SCHOLARSHIP
AbbVie (Pty) Ltd and the South African Society of Anaesthesiologists (SASA) have partnered to offer student funding for post-graduate students and healthcare officers, that are pursuing additional learning anesthesia.
Objectives of AbbVie and SASA Scholarship South Africa include the following:
- To provide support to promising and needy anesthesia registrars in training in
a sustainable manner.
- To identify, attract and retain previously disadvantaged students into the
specialty and profession, especially from the Medical Officer environment.
- To further the interest of Academic Anaesthesia and identify and retain high
quality, academically strong, postgraduate students in the academic
- Generally, to contribute to an environment conducive for training in
Abbvie Scholarships is for people pursuing post-graduate level program.
AbbVie and SASA Scholarship South Africa is taken and hosted in South Africa.
AbbVie and SASA Scholarship South Africa is for International students.
The AbbVie and SASA Scholarship benefit award will be reviewed on an annual basis and is subject to change without prior notification to prospective applicants.
An amount up to and not exceeding R12, 500.00 (Twelve thousand five hundred rands only) is what successful applicants receive per annum.
Both for new and repeat awards, the yearly maximum is 15 (fifteen).
Every year, new scholarships are given at the SASA National Congress. Recipients will not pat the congress registration fees.
Note that just four(4) awards is available annually.
Applicants should meet the following minimum entrance standards prior to applying:
- South African citizen/ students in all those SADEC states,
- The present postsecondary student at a South African University,
- Registered for the separate clinic for an academic clinic within South Africa,”
- Anesthesia registrars (who needs to be/ become a Sasa trainee associate ),”
- Medical Officer.
How to Apply for AbbVie and SASA Scholarship
please to apply kindly Download and complete the AbbVie and SASA Scholarship Application Form (pdf).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Your full Curriculum Vitae,
- Full academic history (certified copies),
- Certificates/ achievements,
- Motivational essay (explaining why you should be awarded the scholarship),
- Endorsement by the Head of Department.
Please incorporate the following things on your application package:
Please download and then browse on the AbbVie and SaSa Scholarship Info (pdf).
- The scholarship will be used to pay for costs relating to examination fees,
training aids, congress attendance, or clinical research.
- All beneficiaries of the AbbVie Scholarship in Anaesthesia submit a letter of acceptance, acknowledge receipt of funds, and advise the National Secretary on how the funds were utilized.
- An annual report, in case of repeat awards, will have to be submitted.
- SASA reserves the right to make independent inquiries about a student’s
academic progress, or conduct.
- Awards may be reduced or withdrawn at any time if, the work or conduct of
the scholarship holder is considered unsatisfactory.
- Awards are fully repayable should scholarship holders change, fail,
discontinue or terminate the study program at any stage during the year in
which the award has been granted.
- In the interests of furthering education, the recipients may be required to share
their experiences, new knowledge, or research activities with their colleagues
at an appropriate forum or in a SASA publication.
- The recipient of a 4-year award must undertake to spend at least 2 years
following graduation, practicing anesthesia in Southern African.
AbbVie and SASA Scholarship Application Deadline
The AbbVie and SASA Scholarship application closes on 31 October yearly.
For almost any scholarship questions, please contact:
Tel: 031 368 2530
- Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship for Gambians
- MSc & PhD Scholarship at the University of South Africa,
- MOSHAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM [UPDATED]
- NNPC-TOTAL Scholarship 2020 for Nigerian Undergraduates | Application Form
- South African Students International Program At Washington 2018
- Scholarships for South Africans | National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS)
- DAAD-AIMS Scholarships for African Students
- List of South African Scholarships 2020- APPLY
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.