Applications are invited for the AAAS/Science Magazine Dance Your Ph.D. Thesis Contest sponsored by Science and its publisher, the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS). The contest is open to those students who have a Ph.D. or be working on one as a Ph.D. student in a science-related field.Only individuals over the age of eighteen (18) years and who are residing and located in a jurisdiction where the contest is lawful are eligible to enter. With the mission, the AAAS seeks to “advance science, engineering, and innovation throughout the world for the benefit of all people”. Through the contest, a cash prize goes to the best Ph.D. dance in each category: physics – $500, chemistry – $500, biology – $500, social sciences – $500.
The American Association for the Advancement of Science is an international non-profit organization dedicated to advancing science for the benefit of all people.The formation of AAAS in 1848 marked the emergence of a national scientific community in the United States.
- You must have a Ph.D., or be working on one as a Ph.D. student.
- Your Ph.D. must be in a science-related field
- You must be part of the dance
- You must over the age of eighteen (18) years as of January 1, 2017
- The Contest is void where prohibited.
- Any style of dance is welcome as long as you, the Ph.D. researcher, are part of the dance.
How to Apply:
To apply for the contest, the candidates must:
- Turn your Ph.D. thesis into a dance.
- Post the video on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/
- Send the video linkhttp://gonzolabs.org/dance/enter-the-contest/
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Category Winners: Each of the Category Winners (one for each of physics, chemistry, biology, and social sciences) will receive $500.
- Grand Prize Winner: The Category Winner receiving the highest total score awarded by the panel of judges will win the Grand Prize, consisting of an additional payment of $500 and a prize sponsored by AAAS/Science Magazine.
- The Grand Prize is defined as follows: AAAS/Science Magazine shall supply the Grand Prize winner with round-trip transportation ($2000 expense maximum) to Austin, Texas and 2 nights of accommodation to attend the 2018 AAAS annual meeting which takes place 15 – 19 February 2018.
- Transportation shall be by airline unless the Grand Prize Winner is within a two-hour train or bus ride, in which case, transportation may, at the discretion of AAAS/Science Magazine, be by rail or bus.
- The airplane/train ticket will be an economy fare. The hotel will be chosen by AAAS/Science Magazine.
The 10th annual Dance Your Ph.D. Contest submission deadline is September 29, 2017, at 11:59 EST.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, e-mail us at gonzo-at-aaas.org