AAAS Early Career Award 2019 for Public Engagement with Science
The American Association for the Advancement of Science would like to announce “AAAS Early Career Award” for Public Engagement with Science. To apply for the scholarship, the candidate must be a scientist or engineer actively conducting research in any scientific discipline (including social sciences and medicine).
The program aims at developing a total fellowship for the academic development of students in various fields of education including locals and Internationals enrolled in the United States.
Though AAAS cannot provide assistance in Visas for applicants it is deemed to welcome all participants studying outside of the state if they can cover all their trip expenses for the fellowship.
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) is an American international non-profit organization with the stated goals of promoting cooperation among scientists, defending scientific freedom, encouraging scientific responsibility, and supporting scientific education and science outreach for the betterment of all humanity.
Level/Field of Study
To apply for the AAAS early career scholarship, the candidate must be a scientist or engineer actively conducting research in any scientific discipline (including social sciences and medicine).
AAAS early career Scholarship is open to students pursuing different degrees;
Successful applicants will receive a monetary prize of $5,000.
Eligibility for AAAS Early Career Award 2019
To be eligible for this award, you must:
- Must be an individual scientist or engineer.
- Groups or institutions will not be considered for this award.
- AAAS employees are ineligible. One scientist or engineer will be chosen to receive the award each year.
- Candidate must be a scientist or engineer actively conducting research in any scientific discipline (including social sciences and medicine).
- They may be based in academia, government or industry. Public engagement activities must be above and beyond job responsibilities.
- Candidate must be “early career,” which is defined as an individual who is less than seven years past their terminal degree or pre-tenure (or job equivalent). Postdoctoral fellows are eligible for this award. Nominees no longer considered “early career” as defined by this award might be eligible for the AAAS Award for Public Engagement with Science.
- The candidate will have demonstrated excellence in his/her contributions to public engagement with science activities, with a focus on the interactive dialogue between the individual and a non-scientific, public audience(s).
- Types of public engagement activities might include informal science education, public outreach, public policy, and/or science communication activities, such as mass media, public dialogue, radio, TV and film, science cafés, science fairs, and social and online media.
How to Apply for AAAS Early Career Award 2019
You can apply for the “AAAS Early Career Award 2019 for Public Engagement with Science” through the given link:
Applicants must provide the following information at the time of application
- Name, position, institution, professional address, email, and phone of the candidate
- Name, position, institution, professional address, email, and phone of the nominator or person writing the letter of support (in the case of self-nominations)
- Candidate qualifications statement of the public engagement activities that form the basis for the nomination
This statement of 500 words should discuss the candidate’s approach to public engagement. It should emphasize the candidate’s public engagement goal(s), intended audience(s), and message(s), as well as the level and type of dialogue achieved with their audiences, evaluation of public engagement work, and examples of how public engagement has affected the candidate’s scientific work.
More information about AAAS’s approach to public engagement is available in the Center for Public Engagement’s
- A letter of support from the nominator (a person who can speak to the candidate’s public engagement efforts)
This letter should provide more insight into the candidate’s work and discuss their accomplishments and can be written by a colleague, supervisor or participant.
Up to two additional letters from different nominators may be submitted (not required).
- At least two (up to three) representative material samples or other documentation which illustrate or describe the candidate’s public engagement contributions
Samples should exhibit the activities discussed in the statement and further contribute to the narrative of the nomination, showing different representations of the breadth of their public engagement.
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae
Limit CV to five pages, with a specific section highlighting public engagement activities distinct from work that is required as part of the candidate’s job.
Application Deadline for AAAS early career Scholarship 2019
2019 AAAS early career Scholarship 2019 application portal closed on August 1, 2019. However, AAAS early career Scholarship 2019 Application starts from February 2019, through August 2019.
AAAS early career Scholarship 2019 Application Link
Link for More Information:
Inquiries may be directed to the Center for Public Engagement with Science and Technology mailto:public_engagement-at-aaas.org
- 500 MBA Scholarships for International Students 2019-2020
- NNPC/TOTAL National merit Scholarships 2019-2020 | Application Form
- Medicine Bursaries for International Students at Monash University, Malaysia, 2019
- 20 Best PhD Scholarships in Canada | Study Abroad 2019
- Monash High Achiever Awards for International Students in Malaysia, 2019
- Fully Funded: Monash University Master and PhD Scholarships- Malaysia
- Iowa State University International Merit Scholarship 2019
- LATEST: How to Get Financial Aid for HVAC Training
- 30 scholarships To Study In Ukraine For International Students.
- Best Basketball Scholarships 2019 for Developing Countries
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
The American Association for the Advancement of Science would like to announce “AAAS Early Career Award 2019” for Public Engagement with Science. Apply Now