SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Global Development Institute (GDI) is delighted to invite applications for nine scholarships for overseas applicants, providing full tuition fee waivers for on-campus Masters programmes commencing in September 2017.
The University of Manchester is a public research university in Manchester, England, formed in 2004 by the merger of the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology and the Victoria University of Manchester.
Course level: Scholarships are available for pursuing the master programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are provided within the School of Environment, Education, and Development.
List of Subjects: Development Economics and Public Policy scholarships, International Development scholarships, Human Resource Development scholarship, Development Informatics scholarship and Management and Development scholarships
Number of Awards: Nine scholarships for overseas applicants.
Scholarship Award: Providing full tuition fee waivers for on-campus Masters programmes.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: Eligibility for the scholarships is as follows:
- Applicants must already hold an unconditional offer for an eligible Masters programme (please see box below for relevant Masters programmes for each scholarship).
- Applicants must be a national of and resident in a DAC-listed least developed, other low-income or lower-middle income country. The full list of eligible countries can be found below.
- Applicants for international scholarships must not have previously studied in an OECD country.
- Applicants must hold a First Class Honours bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and an overall score of 6.5 in IELTS (or similar exam), with 6.5 in writing and no other subsections below 6.0.
Nationality: International applicants from the following countries are welcome to apply for our GDI scholarships.
List of Countries: Afghanistan, Guinea-Bissau, Philippines, Angola, Guyana, Rwanda, Armenia, Haiti, Samoa, Bangladesh, Honduras, Sao Tome and Principe, Benin, India, Senegal ,Bhutan, Indonesia, Sierra Leone, Bolivia, Kenya, Solomon Islands, Burkina Faso, Kiribati, Somalia, Burundi, Kosovo, South Sudan, Cabo Verde, Kyrgyzstan, Sri Lanka, Cambodia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Sudan, Cameroon, Lesotho, Swaziland, Central African Republic, Liberia, Syrian, Arab Republic, Chad, Madagascar, Tajikistan, Comoros, Malawi, Tanzania, Congo, Mali, Timor-Leste, Côte d’Ivoire, Mauritania, Togo, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Micronesia, Tokelau, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Moldova, Tuvalu, Djibouti, Mongolia, Uganda, Egypt, Morocco, Ukraine, El Salvador, Mozambique, Uzbekistan, Equatorial Guinea, Myanmar ,Vanuatu, Eritrea, Nepal, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Nicaragua, West Bank and Gaza Strip, Gambia, Niger, Yemen, Georgia, Nigeria, Zambia, Ghana, Pakistan, Zimbabwe, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, Guinea and Paraguay
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must hold a First Class Honours bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have an overall score of 6.5 in IELTS (or similar exam), with 6.5 in writing and no other subsections below 6.0.
How to Apply:
- Applicants should email a 500-word statement detailing how they will apply their learning to develop a credible career track into development leadership.
- Please send statement to the relevant email address below by clicking on the scholarship name. Please ensure you include your ID number and name of scholarship you are applying for in the subject line.
Application Deadline: The closing date for applications for September 2017 will be May 26, 2017, but earlier application is advisable.