Study at the Ph.D. level in Ireland with the University College Dublin CONSUS Ph.D. scholarships and fellowships.
This Ph.D. scholarship at the University College Dublin is for Computer Science, Agriculture, Food Science, Biology, and Environmental Science.
This Ph.D. Scholarships in the UCD School of Computer Science, gives you the opportunity to work with the vast quantities of rich agricultural data which Origin Enterprises provides access. These scholarships are fully funded by University College Dublin
This post provides you with detailed information about the University College Dublin CONSUS Ph.D. Scholarships and how you can successfully apply.
You can scroll the table of content below to get an overview of all this post entails.
About University College Dublin CONSUS Ph.D. Fellowships
University College Dublin (UCD) is one of Europe’s leading research-intensive universities. It is Ireland’s largest and most diverse university with over 30,000 students from approximately 124 countries.
The University College Dublin (UCD), together with Origin Enterprises Plc is establishing a new research programme, for a four-year period to study in Ireland.
Basically, CONSUS focuses on the application of precision agriculture to crop production with a particular emphasis on optimization of agri-food production systems leading to more efficient food production with lower environmental impacts.
CONSUS is a collaborative program including the Schools of Computer Science, Agriculture & Food Science, Biology & Environmental Science, Biosystems & Food Engineering and Industry Partner, Origin Enterprises.
Level/Field of study
Studentships are available to pursue a Ph.D. program in Computer Science, Agriculture & Food Science, Biology & Environmental Science. Interestingly there are other Phd scholarships offered to postgraduate students.
The scholarship is hosted in Ireland.
Eligible Nationality for University College Dublin CONSUS Ph.D. Scholarships
International students are eligible to apply.
The scholarship is for a four-year period and offers a tax-free stipend of €18,000 per annum, plus an annual contribution to tuition fees of €5,500 per annum.
To be eligible, Students must meet the following:
- First or upper second class honours Bachelor’s Degree and/or Masters Degree in Computer Science or a relevant subject.
- Candidates are to finish their relevant degree in the summer of 2018.
- Applicants must satisfy the UCD Minimum Language Requirements.
- Students should have experience and interest in data science, machine learning, software engineering, artificial intelligence, knowledge discovery in databases, advanced information systems, and/or data analytics.
How to Apply
Please send your CV (maximum length 5 pages including names and contact details of three referees), a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role (maximum 2 pages), and an example of your writing (publication, thesis, report, dissertation, etc.).
Applications should be sent by email to Grainne Ní Nualláin (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include the following text in the subject line: “CONSUS Ph.D. Application”.
Application Deadline for University College Dublin CONSUS Ph.D. Scholarships
The deadline for submission falls is on March every year.
- Study in University of London: Admission, Tuition, Courses, Scholarships, Ranking
- PROVIA Visiting Fellowship Program in Bangladesh, Ghana and China
- UN Fellowship for Africans in Diaspora – Switzerland
- 25 Scholarships for International students in Ireland
- Government of Flanders Priority Country Scholarship Programme for African/International Students
- University of Leicester Cross-College PGR Studentship Scheme, UK
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.