University College Dublin CONSUS PhD Scholarships at Ireland 2019
Applications are ongoing for PhD Scholarships in the UCD School of Computer Science, to work with the vast quantities of rich agricultural data to which Origin Enterprises provides access. Eligible applicants are invited to apply for the University College Dublin CONSUS PhD Fellowships. A number of fellowships are available across a range of data-focused activities.
About University College Dublin-CONSUS PhD Fellowships
University College Dublin (UCD) is one of Europe’s leading research-intensive universities. It is Ireland’s largest and most diverse university with over 30,000 students from approximately 124 countries.
More About the
The University College Dublin (UCD), together with Origin Enterprises Plc is establishing a new research programme, for a four-year period to study in Ireland. CONSUS focuses on the application of precision agriculture to crop production with a particular emphasis on optimization of agri-food production systems leading to more efficient food production with lower environmental impacts.
CONSUS is a collaborative programme including the Schools of Computer Science, Agriculture & Food Science, Biology & Environmental Science, Biosystems & Food Engineering and Industry Partner, Origin Enterprises.
Level/Field of study
The scholarship is hosted in Ireland.
International students are eligible to apply.
The scholarship is for a four-year period and offers a tax-free stipend of €18,000 per annum, plus an annual contribution to tuition fees of €5,500 per annum.
To be eligible, Students must meet the following:
- First or upper second class honours Bachelor’s Degree and/or Masters Degree in Computer Science or a relevant subject.
- Candidates are to finish their relevant degree in the summer of 2018.
- Applicants must satisfy the UCD Minimum Language Requirements.
- Students should have experience and interest in data science, machine learning, software engineering, artificial intelligence, knowledge discovery in databases, advanced information systems, and/or data analytics.
How to Apply
Please send your CV (maximum length 5 pages including names and contact details of three referees), a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role (maximum 2 pages), and an example of your writing (publication, thesis, report, dissertation, etc.).
Applications should be sent by email to Grainne Ní Nualláin ([email protected]) and include the following text in the subject line: “CONSUS PhD Application”.
The deadline for submission falls on March annually.
- Study in University of London: Admission, Tuition, Courses, Scholarships, Ranking
- PROVIA Visiting Fellowship Program in Bangladesh, Ghana and China 2019
- UN Fellowship 2019 for Africans in Diaspora – Switzerland
- 25 Scholarships for International students in Ireland 2019-2020
- Government of Flanders Priority Country Scholarship Programme for African/International Students
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
University College Dublin in partnership with Origin Enterprises is offering a number of CONSUS PhD fellowships in the UCD School of Computer Science to interested candidates across the world who wish to carry out studies on Computer Science and Agriculture in the University. Check it out. APPLY NOW.