Applications for the 6th UNESCO-APEID Meeting On Entrepreneurship Education Designing a Relevant and Innovative Entrepreneurship Education: Towards Mutual Recognition of Qualifications in ASEAN, East and South Asia
October 23-25, 2017, Manila, The Philippines
- UNESCO Asia and Pacific Regional Bureau for Education, Bangkok, Thailand
- Commission on Higher Education, Philippines,
- Miriam College, Philippines
In cooperation with
- University of Santo Tomas, Philippines
- Office of the Mayor, The Quezon City Government
The development and promotion of entrepreneurship education among the younger members of society today is attracting substantial attention in many countries. Seen to be an effective approach for economic growth, entrepreneurship – embodying creativity and innovativeness among other attributes – is rallying calls for greater commitment and investment from both the public and private sectors to increase the capacities of stakeholders in education to nurture young entrepreneurs.
The 6th UNESCO-APEID Meeting on Entrepreneurship Education, Designing a Relevant and Innovative Entrepreneurship Education: Towards Mutual Recognition of Qualifications in ASEAN, East and South Asia, to be held in Manila, the Philippines on 23-25 October 2017, provides an opportunity to explore how higher education institutions can work together to enhance entrepreneurship education in the Asia-Pacific region. While past meetings had also addressed the similar issues, the organizers of the 6th meeting intends to make this an “Action Year” with clear outcomes and action plans.
UNESCO Bangkok Office is organizing this meeting in collaboration with the Commission on Higher Education and Miriam College, and in cooperation with the University of Santo Tomas and the Office of the Mayor of Quezon City Government in the Philippines.
The objectives of the meeting are to:
- Define a model of an “Entrepreneurship Program and Curriculum” within the domain of a Mutually Recognized Qualification/Agreement” (MRQ/A) for ASEAN, East and South Asia to achieve the SDG 4-Education Agenda 2030;
- Develop specific, achievable and realistic factors and action plans as important foundation input to the MRQ/A for ASEAN, East and South Asia;
- Establish a network or consortium for sharing, exchange and collaboration of ideas and expertise to support the Mutual Recognition of Qualifications and Standards for ASEAN, East, and South Asia at the tertiary education level.
- The organizers in the Philippines will cover local costs–4 nights’ accommodation checking in on October 22 and checking out on October 26, 2017) and meals during the meeting. All participantshave to cover their own travel costs and miscellaneous expenses.
- Since space is limited, those interested in attending the meeting must submit an Application form by Friday,August 18, 2017.
- Applicants from the Philippines should submit their applications to the following address:
UNESCO EE Net Philippine Chapter–Miriam College
College of Business, Entrepreneurship, Accountancy
Katipunan Ave., Loyola Heights, Quezon City, 1108
Application Deadline: August 18th 2017
For More Information: