The Newcastle University and the British Council India are offering Scholarships for the postgraduate programme starting in September 2019 for one year of study. These scholarships are available to citizens of China.
This scholarship scheme will offer an exciting opportunity for East Asian students wishing to get financial support to pursue study on degree levels in the UK
Newcastle University is a public research university in Newcastle upon Tyne in the North East of England.
As a member of the Russell Group of research-intensive universities in the UK we have a world-class reputation for research excellence in the fields of medicine, science and engineering, social sciences and the humanities.
Our academics are sharply focused on responding to the major challenges facing society today. Our research and teaching are world-leading in areas as diverse as health, culture, technology and the environment.
The Research Excellence Framework 2014 (REF) placed Newcastle University 16th in the UK for Research Power and the vast majority of our research (78%) was assessed to be world-leading or internationally excellent.
We are committed to providing our students with excellent, research-led teaching delivered by dedicated and passionate teachers. This is reaffirmed by achieving the best possible outcome – a Gold Award – in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). Based on the evidence available, this means that the TEF Panel judged that Newcastle University delivers consistently outstanding teaching, learning, and outcomes for its students of the highest quality found in the UK.
We also ranked:
- 1st in the UK for Computing Science research impact, 3rd in the UK for Civil Engineering research power and 11th in the UK for Mathematical Sciences research.
- 3rd in the UK for English, and in the top 12 for Geography, Architecture, and Planning, and Cultural and Media Studies research quality
- 4th amongst UK medical schools for Clinical Medicine research intensity
What You Need To Know About This GREAT Scholarships for Postgraduate at Newcastle University
This scholarship scheme is part of the GREAT Scholarships 2019 – East Asia campaign, which has been launched by the British Council together with 28 UK universities (across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) to support more students in East Asia to get access to the excellent UK higher education opportunities.
Level / Field of Study:
Scholarships are available for Postgraduate program. These Scholarships are awarded to study the following courses:
- Art and design
- IT and more
Scholarship is be taken in UK at Newcastle University. If you are an international student and you wish to study in UK , this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
These scholarships are available to citizens of China. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Scholarships will cover 50% of tuition fees or a minimum of £10,000, whichever is higher
The GREAT Scholarships for Postgraduate at Newcastle University Eligibility:
Eligible Countries: These scholarships are available to citizens of China.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be passport holders of China
- be assessed as international for fee purposes
- hold an offer for an eligible Master’s degree programme in one of the following subject areas:
- Accounting and Finance
- Architecture, Urban Studies, and Planning
- Arts, Culture, Heritage and Museum Studies
- English Literature and Film
- Languages and Linguistics
- Law and Justice
- Business, Management, and Marketing
- Agriculture and Food
- Computer Science, Data and IT
- Engineering, Energy, Transport, Logistics and Marine
- Biomedical, Biotechnology, and Biosciences
- Cell and Molecular Biosciences
- Genetic Medicine
The University awards scholarships on the basis of academic merit and other information provided on the Scholarship application form. To be considered for awards applicants must have or expect to receive the equivalent of an upper second class UK honors degree or above.
The applicants chosen to receive the awards will be assessed according to evidence of academic ability, evidence of commitment to studies and quality of the application and may be contacted for additional information.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply For The GREAT Scholarships for Postgraduate at Newcastle University
Applications must be submitted using the online application form. Other applications will not be accepted.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2019
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Top 23 USA Universities with the powerful Alumni Network
- CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIP FOR THAILAND STUDENTS 2018
- Cardiff University : Center of Law and Society Research Visitor Fellowship 2018
- Free University of Brussels Individual Research Fellowship for International Students in Belgium
- Top 21 Masters Degree Scholarships for Geomatics Engineering Students
- Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme for young Nigerians 2018/2019
- Excellent Scholarships At Tallinn University in Estonia 2019
- Top 37 World Universities with the best infrastructure in 2018
- MSc Scholarship at University of the West of Scotland in North Cyprus, 2018
Looking for scholarship in UK? The Newcastle University and British Council India are offering Scholarships for postgraduate programme for Chinese students