Techpoint nigeria is a news publishing platform dedicated to chronicling the impact of technology on the African narrative. Techpoint Nigeria report the stories happening in our backyards; we will bring you closer to the African startup ecosystem, going where the rubber meets the road in local technology and start real conversations about the ecosystem and how technology impacts the lives of real people and businesses.
This is an initial 6-month paid internship with future work potential for the right candidates. If your ambition is to break into the world of engaging tech journalism, this would be a good first step.
- You must be able to work out of our Yaba, Lagos office, not remotely, for the duration of your internship.
- You must be able to communicate effectively through writing.
- Fresh graduates with little or no tech reporting experience are preferred, but not required.
- Consumer Junkie — Will report on gadgets and all things consumer tech.
- Startup Aficionado — Will report on startups and high growth businesses.
- Policy Watcher — Will report on policy, especially as it relates to small and tech-enabled businesses.
- Social Media Junkie — Will live and breathe social media for Techpoint.
Sounds good to you? Perfect. Send a pitch email of no more than 40 words (no resumes please) to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the role you intend to apply for as the subject line (e.g. Consumer Junkie, Policy Watcher etc.). Ensure that you spell the role correctly.
Application deadline is Wednesday 14th, December, 2016. We’ll be in touch shortly after if we like what we see.
Applications that don’t follow instructions will be discarded. Good luck!