SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Offers are up for 25 Irish Research Council Laureate Awards Programme are available for applicants to enhance frontier basic research in Irish research-performing organisations, across all disciplines. Researchers of any nationality based in Ireland or anywhere in the world may apply.
Two types of award available for the Laureate Awards Programme 2017/18: Starting Laureate Award: aim to enable excellent early-career researcher’s transition to Principal Investigator Status. Consolidator Laureate Award aims to enable excellent mid-career researchers to consolidate their own independent research programme or team.
The Council aims to support an expertise-driven research system in order to enhance Ireland’s innovation capacity and skills base in a rapidly changing global environment where knowledge is key to economic, social and cultural development. The Council is further committed to facilitating the integration of Irish researchers in all disciplines within the European Research Area.
Course Level: Awards are available to pursue research.
Study Subject: Awards are awarded across all disciplines.
Scholarship Award: The Council intends to make in the region of 24 awards valued between €400k and €600k in the first round of awards through the Laureate Programme. The funding mentioned in the press release reflects the funding available in the 2017 Budget (€2.5m) and does not reflect the totality of funding projected in subsequent years.
Number of Scholarships: Up to 24 awards are available.
Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Researchers of any nationality based in Ireland or anywhere in the world may apply.
- Awards are portable within the Republic of Ireland.
- Successful applicants must submit an application to the ERC, ideally prior to the end of the award but no later than within one year of the end date or the next available ERC call deadline where this does not occur within one year of the end of the Laureate award.
Nationality: Researchers of any nationality based in Ireland or anywhere in the world may apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must hold an academic post (permanent, or a contract that covers the duration of the award) in the proposed host institution.
English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. A complete proposal will comprise the following documents, to be uploaded via the IRC online submission system:
- Extended Synopsis – 5 pages max. References do not count towards the page limit.
- CV – 2 pages max.
- Track Record
- 2 pages max.
- Data Management Plan
- 2 pages max.
- Statement on ethical issues to be addressed
- 2 pages max.
- Two letters of support from the Host Institution as specified below.
- PhD certificate (and supporting documentation if applicable).
- Detailed Research Proposal
- 15 pages max. References do not count towards the page limit.
The research proposal should include the following:
- State-of-the-art and objectives
- Resources (including project costs)
Application Deadline: Award application deadline is June 29, 2017.