Applicants are welcome to apply for The Obama Foundation Fellowship program that seeks to support outstanding civic innovators from around the world so as to amplify the impact of their work and to inspire a wave of civic innovation.
The Obama Foundation Fellows will be a diverse set of community-minded rising stars – organizers, inventors, artists, entrepreneurs, journalists, and more – who are altering the civic engagement landscape.
By engaging their fellow citizens to work together in new and meaningful ways, Obama Foundation Fellows will model how any individual can become an active citizen in their community.
The Obama Fellowship supports outstanding citizens who work with their communities to bring about change that addresses some world’s most pressing issues. This is a unique opportunity to nurture and support emerging leaders working with their communities to solve important public issues.
They are looking for 20 stars from around the world to work together with their communities to solve important public issues in a creative and effective way. The two-year non-residential program provides hands-on training, leadership development, and a powerful network to help members to scale the impact of their work.
The members of the Obama Foundation are a diverse group of leaders who have a community-based approach to science, criminal justice, health, education, the arts, and more. Together they model the powerful truth that each of us plays in bourgeois life.
In this post, We have put down information about this scholarship and how you can apply.
Carefully read this post word to word without just skimming through. You can as well check the table of content below to get an overview of all we have wrapped up in this post.
Table of Contents Hide
- What You Need To Know About The Obama Foundation Fellowship
- Scholarship Worth
- Eligibility For The Obama Foundation Fellowship
- Obama Foundation Fellowship Criteria
- Obama Foundation Fellowship Requirements
- Obama Foundation Fellowship Application
- When is Fellowship Application Deadline?
What You Need To Know About The Obama Foundation Fellowship
Fellows participate in four multi-day gatherings where they collaborate with each other, connect with potential partners, and collectively push their work forward. Throughout the program, each Fellow pursues a personalized plan to leverage the Fellowship experience to take their work to the next level.
The Foundation will cover transportation and accommodation for the in-person convenings. While the Foundation can provide support in procuring visas, Fellows will be responsible for covering any visa costs.
- The two-year, non-residential Fellowship will offer hands-on training, resources, and leadership development.
- Fellows will also participate in four multi-day gatherings where they will collaborate with each other, connect with potential partners, and collectively push their work forward.
- Throughout the program, each Fellow will pursue a personalized plan to leverage Fellowship resources to take their work to the next level.
Eligibility For The Obama Foundation Fellowship
- Open to civic leaders around the world who are doing civic work – working alongside others in their community to address a public problem and contribute to the common good.
- Applicants must be 18 or older. They’re looking for participants who are at a “tipping point” stage in their careers, rather than those who fit a particular age requirement.
- Fellows must be fluent in spoken and written English as all programming is conducted in English.
- The Obama Foundation is a non-partisan, non-political entity. As such, we’re looking for Fellows who bring a diverse set of political opinions and perspectives to the program.
- They select individuals, not groups or pairs, to participate in the program.
They’re searching for candidates who are civic innovators, discipline-diverse, at a tipping point in their work, not yet connected to the networks they need to advance their work, and motivated by the powerful desire to help others.
You are NOT eligible if you are:
- Under 18
- Current participants in other Obama Foundation programming
- Candidates for a political office chosen through a partisan election, either now or during the Fellowship term
- Working for 501(c)(4) or 501(c)(6) organizations
Obama Foundation Fellowship Criteria
- Civic innovators: We’re looking for individuals who are working to solve important public problems in creative and powerful ways. We are inspired by a broad vision of what it means to be “civic,” one that includes leaders tackling a range of issues, in both traditional and unconventional ways.
- Discipline diverse: We need people working from all angles and with different perspectives to strengthen our communities and civic life. This fellowship is for organizers, inventors, artists, entrepreneurs, journalists, and more. It is for those working within systems like governments or businesses, as well as those working outside of formal institutions.
- At a tipping point in their work: Successful applicants have already demonstrated meaningful impact in their communities, gaining recognition among their peers for their contributions. Now, they stand at a breakthrough moment in their careers. They’re poised to use the Fellowship to significantly advance their work, perhaps by launching new platforms, expanding to broader audiences, or taking their work to a national or global stage. If you’ve already gained global recognition for your work or if your civic innovation work has just begun, you may not be the ideal candidate for this program.
- Talented, but not connected: We are committed to expanding the circle of opportunity to include new and varied voices. Thus we have a strong preference for civic innovators who are not currently connected to the networks and resources they need to advance their work. If you’re not sure whether you fit this description, feel free to apply — and make sure to articulate how the resources of the Fellowship would uniquely impact your work.
- Good humans: We are building an authentic community. A strong moral character is essential for the strength of this community, the integrity of the program, and the longevity of its value. We’re seeking inspirational individuals who demonstrate humility and work collaboratively with others towards shared goals.
They encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply for this opportunity.
Obama Foundation Fellowship Requirements
The Fellowship is not a full-time commitment, but active and engaged participation is key to creating a meaningful Fellowship experience. Fellows commit to:
- Participating in the full programming of the four Fellowship gatherings
- Devoting a few hours each month to ongoing training and programming
- Sharing responsibility for creating a supportive, collaborative community of Fellows
- Collaborating with the Foundation throughout the Fellowship to evaluate and refine the program for future classes
- Contributing their leadership, creativity, and voice to other Foundation programs. They’re looking for Fellows who are eager to explore the roles they can play in the broader ecosystem of the Foundation — whether serving as mentors, facilitating local training, or writing about their work for a wider audience.
Level / Field of Study
This is a fellowship program open to international candidates. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
You can utilize these scholarship opportunities to solve most of your academics problems.
The grant is open to international students. If you are an international student looking for a scholarship to Study Abroad, you can check out our Study Abroad scholarships available for international students.
Obama Foundation Fellowship Application
- Keep it brief and real: They’ve kept application fields short in order to encourage answers that are straightforward and authentic. They’re looking for writing that distills what’s important to you.
- Don’t be afraid to brag: While it can feel uncomfortable to put yourself in the spotlight, they need to know why you are the right candidate for the Fellowship. They want to hear about your work, your impact, and your personal connection to your community.
For more information, visit Obama Foundation Fellowship.
When is Fellowship Application Deadline?
The fellowship is an annual fellowship which comes up every OCTOBER. do well to follow the application link.
Who can apply for this scholarship?
The scholarship is open to international students provided that they are currently studying in the United States.
Where can this fellowship be taken?
The Obama Fellowship 2021 is hosted in USA
When is the Fellowship schedule to hold?
The fellowship is an annual fellowship that comes up every OCTOBER.