Are you a 3rd class graduate who thinks that all hope is lost to pursue higher learning? do not discourage because we are inviting you to hurry and apply for the 1,000 Australia Awards Scholarships for African Students With 3rd Class 2019-2020 is now open.
There are two categories of Award: Australian Awards Scholarships, to undertake higher degree studies in Australia at the Masters level.
And Australia Awards Short Courses, to undertake short-term, targeted professional training courses, in Australia and/or in Africa, in a range of development-focused sectors.
- Why Australia Awards Scholarships?
Why Australia Awards Scholarships?
The stability, security, and prosperity of sub-Saharan Africa are of national interest to Australia. African countries are of global economic and political importance for global economic growth, agricultural productivity, food security, and international security. Many African economies are thriving and are increasingly providing Australia with opportunities for trade and investment-related development gains.
Sub-Saharan Africa is a diverse region with diverse contexts and development challenges. Important barriers to economic growth across the continent, including skills shortages, poor business environment and governance, slow key infrastructure development, food insecurity, and low agricultural productivity, humanitarian crises and gender and other inequalities. This shortage of skilled workers is particularly pronounced at the professional level. In the public sector, these skills shortages hamper the ability of governments to provide services, support sustainable growth, and address development challenges. Achieving sustainable economic growth and competitiveness requires more qualified and applied industrial research.
Australia’s development aid is carefully designed to maximize its impact. Can make a difference by segmenting industries where Australian experience and knowledge create visible added value, deepen commitment and maintain flexibility and responsiveness in selected areas of expertise. The Australian Awards will be presented to a select number of priority countries according to the geographical and sectoral nature of Australian involvement in Africa.
Australia sees Africa’s future optimistic. Australia has 9 diplomatic missions in Africa that support bilateral relations with sub-Saharan Africa. The first mission to South Africa was opened in 1946.
Australia Awards, a cornerstone of the Australian Government’s development assistance program for Africa, provide access to postgraduate education, training, and professional development opportunities for suitably qualified Africans from eligible countries. On their return to the workplace, Australia Awards Alumni are expected to contribute actively to development in their home countries.
Level/Field of Study:
The scholarship is for African students who wish to undertake Masters taught degrees and short courses at an Australian university.
Field of study:
Offer to study in Australian universities ranges across the following fields of study. Priority Fields (varies by African country)
- Agriculture/Food Security
- Public Policy (including public sector management, public sector reform, trade, international diplomacy)
- Environmental Management
- Natural Resource Management (including mining-related subjects)
- Technical and Vocational Education & Training (available for Short Courses only)
- Energy (including Natural Gas and Oil Technology)
- Natural Resource Management
- Transport (including Ports, Roads and Airports Management)
Australia Awards Scholarships for African Students Worth:
Australia Awards Scholarships for African Students is a Fully Funded Scholarship. These opportunities have the value that includes a full tuition waiver, accommodation, and other expenses paid. Guess what, over 1000 scholarships are available
To be taken in(Country):
The Scholarship has made it easy for both students in Africa to participate without actually coming to Australia to write the exams. All scholarships are taken in African or Australian Universities.
Eligible Countries for the Australia Awards 2020:
Australia Awards Scholarships for African Students is one of the most trusted opportunities from Australia to the African continent. If your Country appears on the list, Congratulation.
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroun, Cape Verde, Comoros, Congo(Republic of), Djibouti, Egypt, Ethiopia, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia etc
Australia Awards Scholarships Requirements
- You must be at least 25 and not more than 50 years of age at the date of your application.
- You must have at least three (3) years’ relevant post-graduate work experience. This work experience must be in a role relevant to your proposed field of study and to your employment organization type (e.g. public sector applicants should demonstrate public sector work experience, and so on). Preference will be given to candidates with greater periods of experience.
- You possess, as a minimum, a Bachelors degree (or the equivalent) from a recognized Institution of at least 4 years in length with at least a 3rd Class Pass.
- Public sector candidates must comply with the Government of Nigeria regulations for government employees wishing to apply for scholarships.
- The public sector, the private sector, and civil society candidates must provide evidence of completion of the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) when they apply.
- You must not already hold, or be studying for, a Masters degree.
- You must be willing to make a formal commitment to return to your current employment following completion of the award.
- You must meet the general minimum eligibility criteria for Australia Awards Scholarships – refer to the Australia Awards Scholarships policy handbook.
Australian Award Application Form/Procedure:
The Scholarship is offered annually and the deadline for the scholarship is December and March of the academic year. Application deadline for Masters: The Scholarships opens every September 1st and December 1st
- Transtutors Scholarship 2018–2019
- University of Adelaide Higher Education Scholarship for International Students in Australia, 2019
- La Trobe University Computer Science & IT Undergraduate Scholarships in Australia, 2019
- Lao Australia Scholarship 2018
- Monash International Merit Scholarships In Australia 2018
- 2019 University of Adelaide Global Leaders Scholarship
- Edith Cowan University International Masters Scholarship in Australia, 2019
- Undergraduate Scholarships at the University of Newcastle in Australia, 2019
- Curtin University Merit Scholarships in Australia 2018
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box and review our post to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.