Applications are now been accepted for the 2020 Young South Africans Tiso Foundation Tertiary Bursary Programme, eligible South Africans are welcome to apply for this program. This program is aimed at supporting the numerous talents and potential in South Africa.
South Africa is rich with talent and potential, but because of funding constraints and few opportunities, so much of this potential is never fully realized to the detriment of the socio-economic development of our country.
The Tiso Foundation through its Tertiary Bursary Programme in partnership with various South African Universities seeks to identify deserving previously disadvantaged candidates who have demonstrated talent and determination in their previous academic lives.
The Foundation nurtures and empowers participants to achieve their academic potential, and go on to a meaningful career that will have a lasting impact on their careers, communities and the country.
The Objectives of Tiso Foundation Tertiary Bursary
- To promote equity in the workplace by supporting strong black students to acquire the necessary academic qualifications
- To help address the skills shortage in the economy
- To address the challenges of poverty through the avenue of human capital development.
Since inception, the Tiso Foundation has funded 50 students pursuing degrees and national diplomas in accredited institutions of higher learning. Going forward, the Foundation targets to support 20 students per year through partnerships with various stakeholders.
Course/ Field study
The Tiso Foundation Tertiary Bursary Programme is open to students within ALL fields of studies (which are offered at Universities or Universities of Technology), however, the following fields of study will receive preference:
- Throughout the programme, beneficiaries are offered life skills training and academic support. Upon completion, the Foundation is available to assist the best students to access career opportunities through its network of corporate and institutional relationships.
Number of Scholarships
The number of Tiso Foundation Tertiary Bursary Programme offered to South African students in a year is not known.
Tiso Foundation Tertiary Bursary Programme is hosted by Tiso Foundation and is to be taken in SOUTH AFRICA. If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
The Tiso Foundation Tertiary Bursary Programme is open to all South African students to study in South Africa
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Tiso Foundation Bursary Benefits
Throughout the programme, beneficiaries are offered life skills training and academic support. Upon completion, the Foundation is available to assist the best students to access career opportunities through its network of corporate and institutional relationships
Candidates must meet these selection criteria:
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 34
- Must come from a previously disadvantaged background.
- Must be in possession of good to excellent matric results.
- Must produce excellent results if already registered as a full-time student.
- Must be financially needy
- Must portray an excellent positive attitude.
- Must be dedicated to their studies.
- Must provide references.
- Must be willing to give back to the community.
How to Apply for The Tiso Foundation Tertiary Bursary Programme
Tiso Foundation bursary online application can be done at https://tiso.devman.co.za/Devman/web/bursary/
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Latest Matric results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary results, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of registration OR proof of acceptance at a tertiary institution
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed etc)
- References (with their contact details)
Application Deadline For Tiso Bursary
The application is currently going for the 2020-2021 Edition of the Competition. The deadline will be on 30th September 2020. Apply Now
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the Tiso Foundation Tertiary Bursary Programme 2020
We also recommend the following available scholarships
- PWC Bursaries For Chartered Accountant Students -South Africa
- South Africans Johannesburg Stock Exchange Empowerment Fund Bursary Programme
- Young South Africans Investec Tertiary Bursary Programme
- Fully Funded Young South Africans CSIR corporate functions Bursary Programme
- Arts & Culture Trust Postgraduate Bursary Programme For South Africans
- MultiChoice Bursary in South Africa
- Namibian Mobile telecommunication company Bursary Programme
- Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme South Africa
- SAMRO Bursary in South Africa
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. If no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH