Fellows will spend a minimum of six months at the World Bank offices in Washington, D.C. or in field offices, getting hands-on experience in development work.
This includes knowledge generation and dissemination, design of global and country policies, and the building of institutions to achieve inclusive growth in developing countries.
While benefiting from research and innovation in multiple sectors, fellows will also work on research, economic policy, technical assistance, and lending operations that contribute to the World Bank goal of eliminating poverty and increasing shared prosperity.
What You Need To Know About the world Bank
The World Bank (French: Banque Mondiale)is an international financial institution that provides loans to countries of the world for capital projects.
It comprises two institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), and the International Development Association (IDA). The World Bank is a component of the World Bank Group.
The World Bank’s stated goal is the reduction of poverty which its Articles of Agreement define as commitments to the promotion of foreign investment and international trade and to the facilitation of capital investment
Level / Field of Study:
This Fellowship is available to PhD Fellowship. Sub-Saharan nationals who are recent Ph.D. graduates, or current doctoral students within a year of completing or graduating from a
Ph.D. program in the following fields: economics, applied statistics and econometrics, impact evaluation, education, health, energy, agriculture, infrastructure, demography, forced displacement, and all relevant development fields.
World Bank offices in Washington, D.C. or in a Sub-Saharan country plays host to the World Bank Africa Fellowship for Graduates.
The fellowship is designed for Sub-Saharan African countries
Fellows will receive consultant fees, round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C. or a WBG country office from their university, and worker’s compensation insurance.
- Be a recent graduate or be enrolled in an academic institution and returning to university after the fellowship
- Be 32 years of age or below
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills
Selection Criteria: The following additional attributes are highly desirable:
- command of an additional World Bank official language
- national from fragile and conflict-affected countries
- candidates from refugee and internally displaced communities and/or with proven experience on forced displacement
After submitting an application online, the most promising candidates will be identified, and their application packages forwarded to World Bank Africa Region managers and participating departments for consideration. Departments and managers will then indicate their preferences, as well as the project to be undertaken.
Selected candidates will then be notified and, upon acceptance, will be hired as short-term consultants for a minimum of six months.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 5th October 2019
Updates on application deadline will be communicated shortly, please stay tuned
Award Provider: World Bank Group
WE ALSO RECOMMEND:
- 2019 World Bank Social Inclusion Heroes Story Competition
- World Bank Group Recruitment 2019 For Caribbean Nationals.
- 2018 Institute for the Study of Human Rights Alliance Fellowship Program
- International Competition Network 2019/2020
- Fully-funded LAWA Fellowship Program At Georgetown University, USA 2019/2020
- Funded World Bank Paid Winter Internship for Young Graduates to Washington 2019/2020
- NVIDIA’s Graduate Fellowship Program
- WORLD BANK SHORT COURSES FOR DEVELOPING COUNTRIES 2019
- Structural Transformation of African Agriculture and Rural Spaces Fellowship Program 2019
- World Bank Group/Wharton School Ideas for Action Competition 2019
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave an on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
The World Bank Africa Fellowship program 2019-2020 intends to attract young African talent to the World Bank Group workplace. As a World Bank fellow, all expenses are taken care of