The World Bank is delighted to call on individuals for abstract submissions for the 19th Annual Conference on Land and Poverty to be held March 19 – 23, 2018 in Washington, DC, USA.All submissions are to be completed before the stated deadline
Field of Study: Conference priority themes for oral presentations and posters:
- New academic research on the impact of land tenure security for sustainable development, equity and prosperity, (results and their policy relevance; new research methodologies);
- New rigorous impact evaluations on scalable approaches toward strengthening land governance;
- New ways of using spatial data (imagery, drones, mobile phones etc.) to strengthen land governance, sustainable land use, and/or support land administration services in urban and/or rural settings;
- Innovations for securing land and resource rights in customary settings, gender, collective action, and role of customary authorities;
- Progress with land governance performance monitoring, approaches to (gender) disaggregation, and Sustainable Development Goals;
- Requirements for moving from pilots to land administration service delivery at scale: good, cheap, fast and equitable;
- Improving resilience and resilience impact of national land and geospatial systems; and seamless, unified and comprehensive geospatial data for enhanced management of landscapes and inclusive land reform;
- Modernizing and financing land service delivery and organizations, contribution private sector;
- New insights on land governance strategies for conflict prevention and supporting peace agreements;
- Fair leverage of land for realizing and financing infrastructure, housing, urban expansion, and public goods;
- Achieving responsible large-scale land based investments: lessons learned 10 years on.
To Be Taken At (Country): Washington, DC, USA.
- Abstracts should be between 800 and 1,500 words, anonymous, written in American English, and submitted online in Word format. Abstracts less than 800 words will not be reviewed.
Selection Criteria: Abstract selection for presentation is on the basis of a double blind peer-review process. Criteria are
- relevance to conference thematic tracks;
- evidence-based and methodological appropriateness;
- innovative and new;
- significance of findings for policy or research agenda; and
- clarity of presentation.
More than one abstract can be submitted; due to space limitation only one accepted abstract can be presented by a participant.
How to Apply: Please submit abstract for oral presentation of an individual paper, poster, or MasterClass by October 13, 2017 via Conftool (Please view guidelines on how to create a new user account and submit an abstract).
- Deadline: 13th October 2017
- Conference registration should be completed by 1st February, 2018.
- Full papers should be uploaded by 15th February, 2018.
Award Providers: The World Bank
- Abstract acceptance for oral presentation, poster and masterclass will be communicated by December 4, 2017.
- Kindly note that inclusion of an accepted presentation in final conference program is conditional on timely conference registration and uploading of full paper or poster.