Are you a female Aviation student, Do you want to further your studies in Aviation outside your country, but you are not financially buoyant? not to worry Women In Aviation (WIA)International Scholarship is here to solve that problem.
Applications are currently been submitted for the Women in Aviation International scholarships. This scholarship is awarded annually to women and sometimes male members (students, teachers, and professionals) who want to further their studies in Aviation. All submissions must be completed before the deadline and the eligibility criteria must be met as listed.
Just take your time and go through this article, the World Scholarship Forum has arranged every detail you need to be an applicant in the Women in Aviation (WIA) International Scholarships.
Women in Aviation International
Women in Aviation International is a non-profit organization dedicated to encouraging and promoting women in all fields and professional interests of aviation. Our diverse membership includes astronauts, corporate pilots, maintenance technicians, air traffic controllers, business owners, educators, journalists, flight attendants, high school and college students, air show artists, airport managers, and many others.
We provide resources throughout the year to help women in aviation and encourage young women to consider aviation as a career. WAI also offers educational outreach programs for educators, members of the aviation industry and youth nationally and internationally.
Our most recent initiative is our Girls’ Aviation Day program for girls ages 8 to 17.
In addition, WAI promotes public understanding of the achievements and contributions of women in aviation. This includes historical, notable WAI Pioneer Hall of Fame programs such as Amelia Earhart, Bessie Coleman, Eileen Collins, Jeana Yeager, Nicole Malachowski, and many others.
About WAI Scholarships
The WAI scholarships also help teachers fulfill their dreams, by providing them with the resources they need to bring aviation into their classrooms or to enhance their skills. The scholarship awards are a major part of what the organization is all about. Each applicant must be a WAI member and may apply for no more than two scholarships
The Women in Aviation Scholarship is designed for students predominantly females, who desire to further the academics in the field of aviation.
The Women in Aviation (WIA) International Scholarships is taken and hosted in the United States. If you are an international student and you desire to study in the United States, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the United States
The value of the WAI scholarships is $1,500. Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the winner’s educational institution. Funds can be used for tuition, books or fees related to obtaining the A & P from an AMT School in the U.S.
The WAI scholarships are available for female students who are members of Women in Aviation in the United States. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
- Open to Women in Aviation International members who are seeking a degree in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, Aviation Maintenance Technology or an A & P through an Aviation Technician Program.
- Applicants must be a member of Women in Aviation International by November 1, 2020, and may apply for up to three scholarships. Internships are not included in the three per member scholarship limit.
- Applicants must either be currently enrolled or officially accepted into an Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering program, Aviation Maintenance Technology program or Aviation Technician Program at an accredited University, College or AMT School in the U.S.
- Applicants must currently have a GPA of 3.0 or equivalent at the time of application – either in High School or their current Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering program, Aviation Maintenance Technology program or Aviation Technician program.
- The applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen. Applicant to provide a copy of a College Acceptance Letter.
How to Apply for Women in Aviation Scholarship
- All scholarships may be applied for electronically through the WIA website. Please submit your application only once you have all of the necessary files ready.
- Should you wish to print out the application form and submit your application on paper, all application materials can be submitted in the same envelope.
- Scholarship applications must be submitted or postmarked by November 12, 2020. Scholarship application materials may be mailed to WAI Scholarships, 3647 State Route 503 South, West Alexandria, OH 45381.
If a mailed application is required, submit your official WAI application form and all materials in the same envelope. For each scholarship include two stapled complete application sets (one original and one copy) of the following information:
- two (one-page) recommendation letters
- a typed, descriptive 500-word essay
- two-page professional résumé
- copies of all aviation and medical certificates and the last three pages of your pilot logbook (if applying for flight scholarships).
- Other applicable information as requested for each specific award/grant/scholarship.
Do not apply electronically and mail a paper application for the same scholarship. Please be sure to read all instructions carefully.
These requirements are the minimum for all scholarships unless otherwise indicated. Some scholarships may require additional information, please read the description thoroughly to make sure you meet all requirements.
A descriptive essay should address the following:
- your aviation history and goals
- what you have done for yourself to achieve your goals
- where you see yourself in five and 10 years
- how the scholarship will help you achieve your objective and your present financial need
- flight or other training/education for which you need assistance; how your previous training was financed
- educational scholarships, awards, and honors
- where you would obtain the training and the hourly rate for the instructor, aircraft, and simulators, or other costs if applying for a cash scholarship
- demonstrated involvement in aviation activities
- other applicable information as requested for each specific award/grant/scholarship
International applicants must meet all requirements and, in addition, must include your country’s pilot, mechanic, or other requirements and the equivalent copies of aviation certificates, licenses, and medicals.
To download the application and Find Scholarships Offered, visit the scholarship webpage.
The Women in Aviation International scholarships will run through 12th November 2020
Important Note: The applicant understands and accepts that WAI has no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any scholarship awards other than those specifically identified as WAI scholarships.
Unless otherwise noted, scholarships will be awarded at the 31st Annual International Women in Aviation Conference at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, March 5-7, 2020.
We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
- José Marti Scholarship Challenge Grant Fund for Hispanic Students in the US
- Howard University Formation Scholarships in the USA
- Cyber-bullying Scholarship
- Ned McWherter Scholarship for USA High School Graduates
- Obama Foundation Internships [UPDATED]
- Hagan Scholarship in USA [ Updated]
- L’Oreal Internship | Marketing
- Avacare Medical Scholarship | UPDATED