SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Entries are been submitted for the Wellcome Trust fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine to mid-career researchers from low- and middle-income countries.Applicants ate to take advantage of the program to obtain training and relevant knowledge.
About the Award: This scheme helps mid-career researchers from low- and middle-income countries establish independent research programmes in those countries. The scheme aims to support research that will improve public health and tropical medicine at a local, national and global level.
Application Deadline: 30th November 2017. Full Application Deadline: 12th February 2018
Eligible Countries: Low- and middle-income countries
To be taken at (country): Fellowships can be taken in Low- and middle-income countries (See list of countries below)
Eligible Field of Study: Fellowships are awarded in the field of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
Type: Research (Intermediate career stage)
Eligibility: Students can apply for an Intermediate Fellowship in Public Health and Tropical Medicine if they:
- Are a national of a low- or middle-income country
- Have a PhD or a degree in medicine and are qualified to enter higher specialist training
- Have three to six years postdoctoral experience.
- Students that do not have a PhD or degree in medicine, Welcome Trust may still be considered if they have a first or Master’s degree and can show substantial research experience.
Students must also:
- Have a strong track record in your area of research and show the potential to become a scientific leader
- Have sponsorship from an eligible host organisation in a low- or middle-income country
- Have a research proposal that is within the public health and tropical medicine remit.
- your track record
- the quality and importance of your research question(s)
- your approach to solving these questions
- the suitability of your research environment.
This scheme may be of particular interest if you’re an early career fellow (such as a Training Fellow in Public Health and Tropical Medicine) and this fellowship is the next step in your career as a research scientist.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Fellowship: Support includes:
- A basic salary (determined by your host organisation)
- Personal removal expenses
- Research expenses, directly related to your proposal
Scholarship can be taken in Low- and middle-income countries
Duration of Fellowship: An Intermediate Fellowship in Public Health and Tropical Medicine is for up to five years and cannot be renewed. An Intermediate Fellowship can be held on a part-time basis.
List of Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya,Lithuania, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia and Zimbabwe
How to Apply: Applicants must submit their application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT). Stages of application
- Submit preliminary application
- Submit full application
- External peer review
Award Provider: Wellcome Trust