The 2018 Village Capital Fintech Africa For startups in Africa for startups is here again and eligible perons are invited to apply. you never can tell who will emerge successful, it could be you all the way, so hurry and apply
Mobile money has transformed the financial landscape in sub-Saharan Africa. According to the 2017 GSMA Mobile Economy Report, forty-three percent of the population in sub-Saharan Africa has access to mobile phones.
Financial technology (fintech) services like peer-to-peer mobile payments have made financial services much more accessible and brought millions of unbanked and underbanked Africans closer to the formal economy. Moving beyond the initial success stories in major markets of fintech innovation like Kenya, Nigeria, and South Africa, we’ve seen expansion of products and services in Ghana, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, and beyond.
Eligible Targets: African Countries
The Village Capital Fintech Africa 2018 program in collaboration with PayPal.
Village Capital seeks startups in Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Ghana, Uganda, Rwanda, and Tanzania that:
- Address financial health concerns including insuretech, pensions and savings, cooperative finance, and financial literacy;
- Leverage data for alternative means of credit scoring, identity verification and protection, and consumer insights;
- Integrate financial health services with other mobile services including social media, gaming, and online commerce;
- Apply fintech solutions to drive innovation and business model improvement in our other sectors of interest: agriculture, energy, education, and health.
Workshop Dates in 2018:
- Workshop 1: March 6 – 9
- Workshop 2: April 10 – 13
- Workshop 3: May 8 – 11
If you have any questions, please contact Tina Nyamache at [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, November 24th 2017, 12:00 AM.
For More Information: