SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Applications are currently been accepted for the 2018 Varkey Foundation Challenge Grant Fund for Organizations, only eligible applicants will be considered for this program.
Eligible countries: All
A maximum of $50,000 is available per grant.
The Challenge Fund has no restrictions on the countries applications must be from in order to be eligible. As long as you are a registered not-for-profit entity your application is welcome.
To be eligible, an Applicant must:
- Be a registered NGO / Charity & non-profit organisation;
- Be at least eighteen (18) years old at time of entry;
- teach or provide educational support to students between the ages – of 5 and 18;
- not be prohibited from participating in the Application or receiving the Grant under applicable law;
- not have a criminal record; and
- not have conducted themselves (by act or omission) in such a way as to bring the teaching profession or VF, its affiliates, or their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, and subsidiaries (“VF Parties”) into disrepute (as – may be determined at the sole discretion of VF).
- Previous applicants and winners are eligible to apply.
Please note that the VF will not fund:
- Applicants who do not demonstrate clearly how the proposed innovation will contribute to raising the status and capacity of the teaching profession.
- Applicants seeking funding to cover costs as part of an existing programme. While the VF will consider funding to introduce innovations in existing programmes if there is a clear rationale (for instance, responding to contextual changes or an identified programme gap), the Challenge Fund is not designed fill funding gaps or provide “top up” financing.
- Applicants who do not adequately define the proposed project’s geography, duration, and phasing. This does not have to be in the form of a detailed Workplan, however.
Selection Criteria. The judges will evaluate Applications based on the following criteria:
- Context of organisation: including geographic interest, level of funding, and strategic focus;
- Project rationale: including problem identification, clarity of proposed pathway to change;
- Project quality: including proposed partners, demonstrable understanding of the innovation being proposed, clearly thought-out challenges; and
- Project sustainability and potential for scale-up: including financial sustainability, use and communication of pilot results, quality of evidence gathered during pilot.
Read more about the Challenge Fund here.
Click here to apply.
Deadline: January 10, 2018
For more information, visit Varkey Foundation Challenge Fund.