SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Applications are been accepted for the UN Common Services Internship In Denmark, and applications submissions will continue till 25 18 August 2017, All applicants are expected to comply with the eligibility criteria to ensure consideration for this program.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Denmark (UN City, Copenhagen)
Field(s): Common Services (CS) – Copenhagen
Deadline: 18 August 2017
Funded By: UNHCR, The UN Refugee Agency
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): UN Strategic Communications Internship is targeted for International applicants
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Six Months (1stSeptember 2017 – 28th February 2018)
‣ Scholarship covers: Is this paid internship?
Interns are not financially remunerated by UNDP. All costs connected with an intern’s participation in the program must be borne by: the nominating institution, related institution or government, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students; the student, who will have to obtain financing for subsistence and make his/her own arrangements for travel (including to and from the office), visas, accommodation, etc.
The UN City Common Services Unit provides operational support services to the UN agencies residing in the UN City premises in Copenhagen Under the guidance of the Common Services Manager and the direct supervision of the Admin Specialist, the intern will assist common services in various administrative support services, provides daily support to the unit in different areas and helps Common Services in maintaining client-oriented services.
More specifically, the intern will work within the CS Unit and contribute to the following tasks:
- Assists in the implementation of the
- UN Business Operations Strategy (BoS) for Copenhagen
- Prepare/build a Business case for Common Services‘ Client Orientation
- Support to any ad hoc activities related to Common Services
- Update UN City Intranet pages related to services provided by the Common Services Unit and act as the focal point of the UNCITY Intranet (CS Unit pages only)
- Attend meetings and take minutes as required
TRAINING COMPONENTS AND LEARNING ELEMENTS
As a full member of the CS team, the intern will:
- Participate in in-house Training opportunities (if any) as applicable
- Learn the structure, mechanisms, policies and practice areas of UNDP
- Participate in dedicated trainings and UNDP online learning tools
- Strengthen his/her effective client orientation/customer care skills
- Participate in working groups
UNDP accepts no responsibility for the medical and life insurance of the intern or costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship.
Applicants for internship must show proof of valid medical and life/accident insurance for the duty station for which they will work. It must include adequate coverage in the event of an injury or illness during the internship which:
- Requires transportation to the Home Country or Country of Residence for further treatment
UNDP is not responsible for any claims by any parties where the loss of or damage to their property, death or personal injury was caused by the actions or omission of action by the interns during the internship.
The purpose of the Internship Program is not to lead to further employment with UNDP but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship. Interns cannot apply for posts during the period of internship.
Interns are considered gratis personnel. They are not staff members.
Interns may not be sought or accepted as substitutes for staff to be recruited against authorized posts.
Interns may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.
Interns shall not apply for or be appointed to any position during the period of their internship
Competencies Core Competencies:
Demonstrate commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values;
Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Focus on result for the client and respond positively to feedback;
Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
Remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
Required Skills and Experience:
UNDP may accept interns providing the following conditions are met:
The ideal candidate for UN Common Services Internship will:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent)
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme) minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent)
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must start the internship within one year of graduation.
- A person who is the child or sibling of an UNDP staff member shall not be eligible to apply for an internship at UNDP
Proficiency in English required. Fluency in Danish is an asset;
Computer literate in standard software applications;
Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and have a personal commitment to UNDP’s Statement of Purpose and to the ideals of the UN Charter; and
Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views
Location: The intern will work in the UN City, Marmorvej 51, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark.
‣ Interviews are scheduled to take place in November.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Interested applicants should submit their letter of motivation and CV firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline for applications is 18th August 2017.
‣ Internship Applications are due on 18th August 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For more Information about UN Common Services Internship