Value of Award: The Associateship covers the associate’s travel expenses and a monthly contribution of USD300 towards incidental local expenses. The host centre covers accommodation and food, and provides the research facilities.
To Be Taken At (Country): Associateship countries
Eligibility: Applicants must hold a PhD or equivalent degree. The selection of associates is highly competitive; appointments are made on the basis of merit. Special consideration is given to scientists from isolated institutions in developing countries. Women scientists are especially encouraged to apply.
- the completed application form (see in Program Webpage Link below);
- a recent invitation letter – on the host institution’s letterhead paper – from one of the Institutions listed in the two files at the end of this page. It should contain the proposed time of the visits (two to three months for each visit) and should refer to the proposed cooperation. It should be made evident that the applicant and the proposed host have been in contact regarding the scientific work to be done during the visit and that the conditions for conducting the work have been agreed in terms of the timing of the visit and the facilities available;
- the applicant’s curriculum vitae, and
- the applicant’s full list of publications.
- In addition, letters of recommendation must be submitted separately to TWAS by two referees, one of whom should be from an expert from another country.
Applications must reach the TWAS Secretariat by 1 December of each year at the following address:
Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Phone: +39 040 2240-330
Fax: +39 040 224559
Application Deadline: 1st December 2017