SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Entries are currently been accepted for the 2018 Thrasher Research Fund Early Career Awards, all applications are to be submitted before the deadline.
- There are no restrictions with regard to citizenship. The Fund is open to applications from institutions both inside and outside the United States.
Those eligible to apply include:
- Physicians who are in a residency/fellowship training program, or who completed that program no more than one year before the date of submission of the Concept Paper.
- Post-doctoral researchers who received the doctoral level degree no more than three years prior to the date of submission of the Concept Paper.
A new investigator who holds a National Institutes of Health (NIH) K award (including a K12 award) or a Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) is not eligible to apply for the Early Career Award.
Each project needs to be under the guidance of a mentor. The qualifications and experience of the mentor will be considered in the evaluation of the application. A mentor may have only one Thrasher Research Fund Early Career Awardee at a time.
Applicants who excel in this category have demonstrated commitment to a research career that will find solutions to children’s health problems. These applicants should demonstrate the potential to eventually become independent principal investigators.
- Publication record relative to where the applicant is in training
- The applicant’s role in developing the research project
- Prior funding, grants, and recognitions
This is judged in part by
- History of successful funding
- Publication record
- Expertise in the topical area
- Mentoring track-record
- History of working with the applicant
Early Career Award applications are submitted using two-step process.
First, complete and submit the Concept Paper by email.
Applicants whose concepts generally fit with the current priorities of the Fund are invited to submit a full proposal. Full proposals are reviewed by the Fund’s Advisory Committee.
Deadline: March 13, 2018
For more information, visit Early Career Awards .