Individuals are invited to apply for the Singapore-MIT Alliance SMART Graduate Fellowship in Singapore, , and The application period for the August 2018 intake: 23 October 2017 to 31 December 2017. Only applicants that have met with the eligibility criteria will be considered for this program
The Singapore-MIT Alliance SMART Graduate Fellowship and Technology (SMART) has a four-year fellowship scheme for new doctoral students at either Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore Management University (SMU) or Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), who will conduct their research at the SMART Centre.
Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing graduate programme at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore Management University (SMU) or Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
Field(s): The research interest must fit within one or more of projects currently being carried out in the following SMART Interdisciplinary Research Groups (IRGs): BioSystems and Micromechanics (BioSyM), Future Urban Mobility (FM) and Low Energy Electronic Systems (LEES).
data-custom-mark=”true”Scholarship covers:data-custom-mark=”true”The SMART Graduate Fellowship provides:
- up to four years of full tuition and school fees at the student’s home university;
- a monthly stipend of S$3,500 (and CPF for those who are eligible);
- funds to support the expenses for a one-time research residency at MIT for up to six months;
- and co-supervision by an MIT and NTU/NUS/SMU/SUTD faculty
School(Institutions/ Country): | Singapore
|Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Singapore-MIT Alliance SMART Graduate Fellowship is targeted for Students of all nationalities are eligible for this SMART Graduate Fellowship.
To apply for Singapore-MIT Alliance SMART Graduate Fellowship a student must:
- ‣have graduated with an undergraduate degree with first class or second-upper (or equivalent);
- be an incoming new PhD student not currently enrolled in a PhD programme; have a research interest that fits within one or more of the projects currently being carried out in a SMART Interdisciplinary Research Group (IRG).
Scholarship Application Method
Application FormFill out the Fellowship application form from the SMART portal
.NOTE: Please visit the university website for their admission form.
Select a project from the IRGs Project List that fits your research interest.
4. Research StatementProvide a research statement based on the research project you selected.
5. RefereeNTU/NUS/SMU/SUTD requires your referee to submit an online referee report form. The deadline to submit the form is 31 December 2017. Recommendation letters will NOT be accepted in lieu of the referee report.If you are applying to NTU/NUS/SMU/SUTD, and choose to provide the same referee, your referee must fill out four (4) separate referee report forms; one (1) for NTU. one (1) for NUS, one (1) for SMU, and one (1) for SUTD.
Application Requirements: In order for your application to be reviewed by the Selection Committee, you must:
‣ Fill out the Fellowship application form using the SMART portal. NOTE: The application form for the fellowship and admission to the university are separate and independent. Please visit the uiversity website for their admission form.
‣ Provide a research statement based on your interest within the SMART IRG.
BioSystems and Micromechanics (BioSyM)
Future Urban Mobility (FM)
Low Energy Electronic Systems (LEES)
‣ The application form contains the Referee Report page. Provide the name and institutional email address of two (2) academic referees. Your referee(s) must either be a faculty member from your undergraduate university or a faculty member from where you obtained your most recent degree.
‣ If you are currently employed, your principal investigator, senior academic advisor or supervisor can serve as your referee.
‣ Supporting documents (must be in English):
a. A scanned copy of your academic transcript(s)
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: The application period for the August 2018 intake: 23 October 2017 to 31 December 2017.
Deadline for referees to submit the referee report: 31 December 2017
GRE/GATE/TOEFL/IELTS score report submission deadline: 31 December 2017
Review Period: 02 January 2018 to 15 March 2018
Notification of Awardees by SMART: 16 March 2018 onwards
Notification of admission to the university will be sent directly by the university you applied to. Please check with them directly.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.