SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Realness Residency is a pan-African programme dedicated to developing and supporting the next generation of African screenwriting talent. Realness ensures that projects are given the space to mature sufficiently in the development phase such that, once they enter production, they result in films that have the potential to travel and appeal to worldwide independent cinema audiences. Its purpose is to offer talent a nurturing environment that allows them to stretch their creativity and drive their craft under mentorship from industry experts.
- Applicants for the Screenwriters’ programme are required to submit a screenplay in progress.
- The call for entries is open to fiction feature film scripts only. However, there is no restriction on age, script, length or genre.
- Submission is free, regardless of geographical origin.
- The five selected writers will participate in a programme that begins with five weeks at Nirox Foundation in the Cradle of Humankind, where they will have the time and space to develop their screenplays under the guidance of some of the industry’s top professionals.
- This will be followed by an immersive industry experience at Africa’s leading finance and co-production market, Durban FilmMart, which is a platform where Residents will have anopportunity to present to their projects to potential producers and financiers.Finally, the most promising projects will be awarded and funded to participate inthe prestigious La Fabrique des Cinémas du Monde in Cannes, receive an EAVE Producers’ Workshop Scholarship, invitation to TorinoFilmLab Meetings Eventand LocarnoFilmmakers Academy
- Each project is eligible for scholarships to attend Locarno Filmmakers Academy, Torino Film Lab Meeting Event, EAVE Producer’s Workshop and La Fabrique des Cinemas du Monde in Cannes
Application Deadline: January 31st 2017
For More Information: