The new York University is delighted to invite applications for the 2018 New York University (NYU) World Journalist Fellowship, eligible persons are welcome to apply.
The Fellowship provides an opportunity for internationally based journalists to study in the Master of Arts program in Journalism at NYU’s Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute. The fellow will pursue the degree in one of our nine concentrations: Business and Economic Reporting; Cultural Reporting and Criticism; Global and Joint Program Studies; Literary Reportage; Magazine Writing; News and Documentary; Reporting the Nation & New York; Science, Health and Environmental Reporting; and Studio 20.
Value and Duration of Award:
- The 2018 Fellowship covers tuition and fees for two semesters of one of our graduate concentrations, as well as a stipend for each of the two semesters. Most of our graduate programs require three semesters of study to complete the M.A. degree, with one program requiring four semesters.
- The fellow will also receive a stipend of approximately $13,000 for each of the two semesters of the fellowship.
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): USA
Eligibility: Candidates must:
- hold a non-U.S. passport
- applicants must be fluent in English and at least one additional language
- have at least two years of international journalism experience or a combination of free-lance journalism assignments equal to at least two years of work (Public Relations and corporate communications experience will not be accepted. Work done for internships and student publications do not count.)
- complete applications for both the fellowship and for admission to the M.A. program in Journalism
- some graduate concentrations require the GRE and some make it optional. Check with the website of the concentration to see if the GRE is required.
- take the TOEFL or IELTS. The TOEFL is waived only if English was an applicant’s language of instruction in his or her degree program.
How to Apply: APPLY
Application Deadline: 15th April 2018