SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Entries are currently been submitted for the 2018 National Geographic/Buffett Grant Awards for Leadership in Conservation in Washington, eligible persons are by this notice invited to apply
The annual National Geographic/Buffett Awards for Leadership in Conservationwere established by the Society and The Howard G. Buffett Foundation to recognize and celebrate unsung heroes working in the field. Two awards are presented each year: one for achievement in Africa (established in 2002) and the other for achievement in Latin America (established in 2005).
Recipients of these awards have demonstrated outstanding leadership in managing and protecting the natural resources in their regions and countries. In addition, they are each inspirational conservation advocates who serve as role models and mentors.
- Nominee must be a citizen of the country where he/she develops the conservation work
- Nominee must be an accomplished individual who has created positive change in his/her community through conservation
- Buffett Awards are NOT lifetime achievement awards, nor are they early career awards. Thus nominees must be at the peak of their careers as conservation leaders
- Buffett Awards are NOT conservation grants. If you are interested in applying to a grant from National Geographic, please visit https://www.nationalgeographic.org/grants
- Preference will be given to nominees who have not received multiple conservation awards
- Preference will be given to nominees with species-focused conservation efforts
- The awardees chosen each year are honored at a ceremony in Washington, D.C., and receive a one-time grant of $25,000 to support their ongoing work.
- Award recipients are chosen from nominations submitted to the Committee for Research and Exploration, which screens each nominee through a peer-review process.
For questions about the award or the nomination process, please contact Luisa Arnedo [email protected]
Application Deadline: January 8, 2018
For More Information: