Applications are currently been submitted for the 2018 IST Fully Funded International PhD Position for Students at IST Austria, eligible scholars are welcome to apply.
ST Austria has a lot to offer for students who decide to pursue a career in science. They are a world-class basic science research institute in the heart of Europe.Doctoral education offers a US-style graduate school experience, in which students are admitted to the PhD program, rather than individual research groups, and only select their PhD supervisors after a year of rotations and a unique interdisciplinary training program.
Level: PhD program
Field(s): Position is available for students to pursue a career in science.
Scholarship covers: PhD positions are fully funded for the duration of the PhD, paid at internationally competitive rates. Travel bursaries are also available for PhD students in their first year for conference attendance.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Austria
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): IST Fully Funded PhD Position is targeted for applicants from all over the world.
Highly qualified students from all disciplines of the natural sciences, mathematics, computer sciences, and any related interdisciplinary areas, who are committed to pursuing their scientific career in an international research environment, are invited to apply for IST Fully Funded PhD Position
- All applicants must hold a master’s or bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), or anticipate the completion of the degree before September 2016. Participating students are expected to be proficient in written and oral English.
- IST Austria is committed to equality and diversity. In particular, female applicants are encouraged to apply for this IST Fully Funded PhD Position
- Students who have a bachelor’s or a master’s degree in the following (or interdisciplinary) areas are eligible to apply: Biology, Computer Science, Neuroscience, Mathematics, Physics and interdisciplinary or related areas.
Scholarship Application Method
|IST Austria processes applications to its PhD program once a year, in January.|
All admitted students start the program the following September.
Apply here. The deadline for PhD applications is January 8, 2018 11:59PM CET, for a start in September 2018. Reference letters should be submitted by January 15, 2018 11:59PM CET.
Please note that there will be no extensions granted!
‣ To complete your application, you will need the following:
- Your resume/CV: include your educational history since high school, relevant work experience, additional qualifications, list of publications (if any) and scholarships, awards, etc. (if any)
- Statement of purpose: a 1-2 page essay in which you explain Why you want to enter our PhD program, the research area(s) you find the most interesting and Which professor(s) you may be interested in studying with
- Three referees who taught or supervised your work in academic setting: you will need to enter their names, institutions, and email addresses.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on January 8 , 2018 (11:59PM CET).
. Referees need to submit their recommendations by January 15. Please note that there will be no extensions granted!
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.