SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
- The Program is designed for lawyers, journalists, teachers, social workers, community organizers, artists, scholars and other human rights activists working on issues related to dealing with the past such as: transitional justice, historical dialogue, memory studies, historical justice, oral history, history education.
- Participants are selected on the basis of their previous work experience in work that deals with the past, their commitment to the human rights field, and demonstrated ability to pursue graduate-level studies.
- Full-time students will not be considered. Applicants who are mid-career and hold full or part-time jobs pursuing their advocacy efforts are preferred.
- Fellows must work in the country and/or region where they live.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fellows must provide proof of institutional endorsement in English from their organizations for their participation in the Program and must commit to returning to that organization upon completion of the Program.
- The program lasts a full academic semester, from late August to mid-December, and fellows are required to be in residence in New York City for this period.
The completed application must be submitted online by the deadline. Applicants should take into consideration technical issues and begin the process in advance of the deadline. Late applications will not be considered.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we are not able to answer application questions personally. A Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page is available with answers to commonly asked questions. Please email further questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Answers to technical questions will be added as updates to the FAQ page. ISHR strongly recommends completing your application well in advance of this the application deadline.
Columbia University aims to make all websites fully accessible to users with disabilities. If you experience difficulty using this page, please contact email@example.com
Applicants will be notified in June of their status. Please be patient as the selection and funding processes are lengthy.
Applicants are asked to complete the application in its entirety. Please complete all sections in English. Please follow all instructions, including those sent to your email address.
In order to access the application, applicants must register an account on the ISHR website and log in. Once logged in, applicants can begin a new application by Start/Resume An AHDA Application from the menu.
Application Deadline: February 15th 2018
For More Information: