The Harvard university os delighted to invite applications for the 2018 Harvard University Middle East Initiative Research Fellowships, eligible persons are by this notice invited to hurry and apply for this program.
The Middle East Initiative (MEI) engages public policy issues in the Middle East by convening academic and policy experts, collaborating with regional partners, and developing the next generation of leaders.
Field of Study: Priority will be given to applications pursuing one of these four primary areas of focus:
- Democratizing Politics: Establishing durable, accountable democracies not only by focusing on political institutions, but also by empowering the region’s citizens.
- Building Peace: Addressing the sources of domestic and interstate conflict and generating durable political settlements.
- Revitalizing the State: Reforming the Middle East’s social service delivery systems with a special emphasis on health, education and social protection.
- Democratizing Financial and Labor Markets: Working to ensure that the financial and labor markets in the Middle East benefit the entire population, not merely the elite.
Value of Fellowship: The Middle East Initiative offers ten-month stipends of $32,000 to pre-doctoral fellows and $50,000 to all other fellows. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for other sources of funding. All applicants should clearly indicate on their application form whether they are seeking full or partial funding, and indicate other potential funding sources. Non-stipendiary appointments are also offered, but the application process remains the same.
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): USA
- Eligible candidates include advanced doctoral candidates, recent recipients of a Ph.D. or equivalent degree, and untenured faculty members.
- Applicants for pre-doctoral fellowships must have passed general examinations and should be in or near the final year of their program.
- Applications are welcome from political scientists, historians, economists, sociologists, and other social scientists.
- Applications are also encourage applications from women, minorities, and citizens of all countries.
How to Apply:
- Unofficial transcript (pre-doctoral fellow applicants only)
- Research Proposal (3-5 double-spaced pages)
- Writing sample (less than 50 double-spaced pages)
- Contact information for three recommenders submitting letters on your behalf
To apply, please complete the online application form.
Application Deadline: 16th January, 2018