Google Fellowship Program
Google.org mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
Nurturing and maintaining strong relations with the academic community is a top priority at Google. This is for Australia, China, and East Asia Students, 2019
google phd fellowship 2019 has been created to support and recognize outstanding students pursuing or looking to pursue PhD level studies in computer science and related areas.
What You Need To Know About The Google PhD Fellowship
The Google PhD Fellowship Program is open to make out excellent graduate student’s responsibility exceptional work in computer science and related research areas. The program directly supports graduate students as they pursue their PhD, as well as connect them to a Google Research Mentor.
Level/Field of Study
Google PhD Fellowship Program covers PhD programs and its for Phd students.
If you are an international student and you desire to study in the United States, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the United States
Google PhD Fellowship Program for Australia, China, and East Asia Students, 2019 is provided by Google.
If you are searching for undergraduate scholarships or masters scholarships, you can click the links to various categories to find out other scholarships available to you in 2019.
Google designed this Google PhD Fellowship Program specifically for students from Australia, China, and East Asia Students, 2019
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship
- For Australia: 1-year fellowship, Australia AUD $10K to cover stipend and other research-related activities, travel expenses including overseas travel, and Google Research Mentor
- For China and East Asia (Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan): 1-year fellowship, students the US $10K to cover stipend and other research-related activities, travel expenses including overseas travel, and Google Research Mentor
How the PhD Fellowship works
- The funds are given directly to the university to be distributed to cover the student’s expenses and stipend as appropriate.
- The funds are given as an unrestricted gift, and it is Google’s policy not to pay for overhead on unrestricted gifts.
- In addition, the student will be matched with a Google Research Mentor who we hope will become a valuable resource to the student.
- There is no employee relationship between the student and Google as a result of receiving the fellowship.
- Fellowship recipients are not subject to intellectual property restrictions unless they complete an internship at Google.
- Fellowship recipients serving an internship are subject to the same intellectual property and other contractual obligations as any other Google intern.
- If a Fellowship student is interested, an internship at Google is encouraged, but not guaranteed or required.
Universities should only nominate students that meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be enrolled into a full-time PhD program at a university in Australia, China, and East Asia.
- Applicants who are currently in their first year of a part-time PhD program and transferring to full-time positions are also welcome to apply.
- Students must remain enrolled in the PhD program for the duration of the Fellowship or forfeit the award.
- Applicants must be pursuing a PhD in Computer Science or related areas.
- Google employees and family members of Google employees are not eligible.
- Students who are already receiving another corporate fellowship are not eligible.
- Students that are already supported by a comparable industry award are not eligible.
- For current Undergraduate/Masters students and Professionals
Grant of the fellowship to this category of applicants is contingent on them joining a full-time PhD program at a university in Australia, China, and East Asia within the calendar year of the award.
- Student applicants must be current full-time Undergraduate or Masters students enrolled at an Australia, China, and East Asia university.
- Professionals must be employed/affiliated with an organization registered in Australia, China, and East Asia.
- Grant of the Google Fellowship does not mean admission to the PhD program of a university.
- The awardee must also complete the PhD admission process of the respective institute/university where he/she wishes to register for a PhD.
- Grant of the Google Fellowship will be subject to the rules and guidelines applicable in the institute/university where the awardee registers for the PhD program.
- Applicants who are already receiving another corporate fellowship are not eligible.
How to Apply:
Check the link for eligibility requirements and application instructions. https://ai.google/research/outreach/faq/?category=phd
For each student nomination, the university will be asked to submit the following material in a single PDF file:
- Student CV with links to website and publications (if available)
- Transcript of current and previous academic records
- Research/dissertation proposal (recommended length 4-5 pages, no longer than 8)
- 2-3 letters of recommendation from those familiar with the nominee’s work (at least one coming from the thesis advisor)
- Short (1-page) CV of advisor
All documents should be submitted in English.
Instructions for Applicants
- Gather the following documents:
- Applicant’s resume with links to publications (if available).
- One-page resume of the student’s PhD program advisor.
- Available transcripts (mark sheets) starting from first year/semester of Bachelor’s degree to date.
- Research proposal (maximum two pages).
- Three letters of recommendation from those familiar with the applicant’s work (at least one coming from the thesis adviser in case of current PhD students). If the recommendation writers want to send the letter separately, they can mail it directly to [email protected] with the subject “Recommendation for [applicant-name]”.
For any questions, please email [email protected]
WE ALSO RECOMMEND THE FOLLOWING
- 2019 Institute for the Study of Human Rights Alliance Fellowship Program
- ENCAPEH-UG PhD Fellowship Programme at University of Ghana, 2019
- FWO Special PhD Fellowship in Belgium, 2019
- Freeman Foundation International Fellowship Grant in Asia, 2019
- NMBU PhD Fellowship in Environment and Development Studies, Norway,2019
- Cordes Fellowship Program In Mexico 2019
- Fully-Funded International PhD Scholarship at IST, Austria, 2019
- Scuola Normale Superiore International PhD Scholarships 2019 – Italy
- ICETEX Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students in Colombia, 2019
Do you find this content helpful or do you have any question relating to the information we provided here? please kindly drop a comment on our comment box and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Google.org mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. The Google PhD Fellowship Program is open to make out excellent graduate student’s responsibility exceptional work in computer science and related research areas.