Entries are now been submitted for the 2018 Goldsmith Investigative Reporting Prize ,all applications are to be submitted before the deadline as stated.
- Submissions will be accepted only from the U.S. news media.
- Newspapers, magazines, broadcast media and online news organizations are eligible.
- Original broadcast or publication must have occurred between January 1, 2017 – December 31, 2017. (If your entry is scheduled to be published after the deadline date of 12/29, but before the eligibility date of 12/31, please contact [email protected]).
- No more than TWO entries may be submitted by a news organization. If entries were produced in collaboration with another news organization, the lead news organization must submit the entry and list any secondary partner organizations/collaborators. If your organization is listed as a secondary partner/collaborator in an entry submitted by another news organization this does not count towards your two allowed entries.
- Books will not be accepted as submissions for this prize.
Applications for the 2018 Goldsmith Prize for Investigative Reporting are now being accepted.
- Each submission must include a one-sentence summary of the entry, a brief description of the actual or potential impact of the investigative report, and a brief description of how the story originated and comment on the reporting process.
- Many entries include a series of articles on a particular topic. Please limit your submission to no more than 10 installments, including sidebars and interactive or multimedia features.
- No more than four credited author names per team. If a team consists of more than four members, the additional members should be listed as “Staff” or the name of the team (e.g. “Interactive project team,” etc.).
- The four credited authors, titles of investigative work and all other information must be finalized and accurate at time of submission, as this information will be used in a press release if your entry is selected as a finalist.
- Any corrections or clarifications added to the story after its initial publication must be clearly identified and explained.
- Material must be submitted as a live URL and printer-friendly PDF:
- URL: Applicants are responsible for making sure the URL works outside of their organization. If entry content is behind a paywall applicants must ensure judges are able to view it (e.g. by providing login details or creating private URL). URLs must remain active during the contest period. If entry includes multiple articles/installments, please (where possible) include URL of single landing page/index/playlist with access to all articles/installments.
- PDF: Please combine all installments into a single printer-friendly PDF.
- Text material (newspaper, magazine, online news organizations) must be formatted in one or two columns. Please include a page that displays how the information looked to the reader.
- Broadcast/video/audio submissions must include a PDF of the transcript.
- There is no entry fee.
- Applications must be submitted online. Paper entries will not be accepted.
Apply using the online form.
Please contact Tim Bailey at the Shorenstein Center:
Deadline: December 29, 2018
For more information, visit Goldsmith Investigative Reporting Prize.