SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Entries re currenly been submitted for the Girl Up Leadership Summit in Washington D.C., USA 2018, only eligible persons will be granted consideraaions for this program.
Through mentorship by Girl Up experts, celebrity champions, women trailblazers, and gender equality experts, Summit participants will gain core leadership skills, training in community-building and advocacy, and experience interacting with members of Congress on Capitol Hill. The Summit strives to empower, educate and embolden the potential of every youth leader there.
Eligible countries: All
To be Taken in : USA
All eligible youth interested in attending the 2018 Girl Up Leadership Summit, to be held July 8-11 in Washington D.C., are invited to apply for general need-based financial Aid and/or for a need-based regional scholarship.
1.General Need-Based Financial Assistance
Girl Up provides partial financial assistance to supplement registration fees, travel, and lodging costs associated with the Girl Up Leadership Summit (up to $1,000 per person). Youth ages 12-22 interested in attending the Summit with demonstrated need of financial support are invited to apply for general financial assistance.
There is a limited amount of financial assistance available, and not all applicants will receive assistance. Awardees are responsible for booking their own accommodations and need-based assistance will be issued by Girl Up in the form of a reimbursement check. All applicants will be notified of their application status by January 30, 2018. After official acceptance of the financial assistance offer, a reimbursement check will arrive within up to five weeks.
2. Need-Based Regional Scholarships
To support youth from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds in underrepresented geographic regions, Girl Up is introducing four regional scholarships. These highly selective full scholarships are open to high school students residing in the following regions:
- U.S. Southwest – residents of Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Nevada, Utah, Colorado
- U.S. Southeast – residents of Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina, Kentucky, West Virginia
- U.S. Midwest – residents of North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Indiana
- International – Any resident and citizen of any country outside of the United States and its territories*
*If you are a citizen of the US but reside elsewhere, you are not eligible.
US-based scholarships will be awarded to one applicant in each US region. The International Scholarship will be awarded to up to three applicants.
You must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for the need-based regional scholarships:
- Must be entering the US equivalent to grades 9-12 (high school or secondary school)
- Must live/reside in one of the above regions and/or specific states listed
- Must be able to attend the entire Leadership Summit (July 8-11, 2018)
Awardees will be judged on their demonstrated financial need, the quality of their essays, their demonstrated leadership potential, and their commitment to gender equality and social justice. The scholarship will include the following:
- Roundtrip flight to and from hometown airport to Washington D.C. (booked directly by Girl Up)
- Three nights of shared lodging at the official Summit hotel (to be booked directly by Girl Up)
- Transportation to and from the airport to the official Summit hotel
- Compensated Leadership Summit registration fee
- $50 stipend (in the form of a check) to be used for dinners
Application Deadline: 11:59PM ET on Wednesday, January 10, 2018.
For More Information: