The Giorgio Cini Foundation is delighted to invite italians and foreign Applicants to hurry and apply for the Foundation’s scholarships 2018, onluy applicants that meet the eligibility criteria will be considered for this program.
he Giorgio Cini Foundation offers three Giorgio Cini Foundation Scholarships for studies focused on the Benno Geiger Archive, which is preserved and developed on the Island of San Giorgio, as well as on other literary archives held by the Foundation.
Level: one month studies for graduates, postgraduates and postdoctoral researchers
Field(s):A 6-MONTH RESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP FOR THE PURPOSE OF STUDYING 20TH-CENTURY GLASS-MAKING ART IN VENICE
scholarship covers: The scholarship is worth6,200 euros (gross sum) and accommodation free of charge for 6 months at the Vittore Branca Center Residence.
School(Institutions/ Country): at the “Vittore Branca” International Center for Studies of Italian Culture | Italy
FOR UNDERGRADUATE, DOCTORAL OR POST-DOCTORAL THESIS
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Giorgio Cini Foundation Scholarships are targeted for Italian and foreign students
- The three Giorgio Cini Foundation Scholarships lasting one month are offered to Italian and foreign graduates, postgraduates and postdoctoral researchers under the age of 35 on 31 January 2018.
- the scholarship will be awarded to an Italian or foreign1 undergraduate or graduate student (PhD or post-doctorate) wishing to spend six months doing research at the Glass Study Center / Institute of Art History in the period April–December 2018.
Scholarship Application Method
Candidates shall send their scholarship application in hard copy, complete with the required documents (see below), by registered post or courier to:
- Fondazione Giorgio Cini onlus Secretariat – Vittore Branca Center for the Study of Italian Culture Island of San Giorgio Maggiore 30124 Venice Italy
‣ Applications shall be sent by 28 February 2018 with the following enclosed documents:
- – application form – (downloadable from: www.cini.it/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/2015-APPLICATION-FORM.pdf) / printed document
- – degree certificate(s) with marks for individual exams, or an equivalent or superiorqualification / printed document
- – a copy of a degree dissertation (for PhD students) or doctorate thesis (for post- doctorate researchers) and copies of any other relevant academic works / on USB pen or DVD
- – curriculum vitae, including knowledge of languages, and authorization to handle private data according to Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003 / printed document
- – description of the research topic (around 1,500 words) proposed by the candidate, specifying aims, time scale, and materials and documents to be consulted at the Fondazione Giorgio Cini / printed document
- – 2 reference letters from professors and scholars on headed paper who supervise or have supervised the candidate / optional
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.