Applications are been submitted for the 2018 GEAS General Training Programme and PhD Fellowships in Germany,Only eligible applicants will be considered for his program.
Every year, GEAS admits 12 doctoral candidates who receive fully funded doctoral fellowships. ‣ Up to three other doctoral candidates per year can be accepted with funding from other FU Berlin programs, from partner institutions in East Asia or from scholarships provided by German or international organizations.
Level: training programme.
Field(s): All dissertation research at GEAS will be conducted in the context of the three interconnected research lenses of its academic profile: (1) the origin and change of institutions in East Asia, (2) the effects institutions have on processes related to globalization and modernization in East Asia on the side of governments, bureaucracies or business and individual life-styles or related preferences, and, finally, (3) the interdependencies of institutions in East Asia within and beyond its regional boundaries.
Scholarship covers: University will offer PhD stipends of € 1365 €/month (plus 103 €/m research allowance).
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
- Successful GEAS General Training Programme and PhD Fellowships applicants will have an above average master’s degree in either area studies (Chinese Studies, Japanese Studies, Korean Studies) or a discipline represented at the Graduate School (Political Science, Social and Cultural Anthropology, Business, Economics, Law, History, Cultural Studies, Humanities, Theatre Studies, Environmental Policy) with a focus on East Asia.
- The language of instruction is English. Successful candidates will also show proof of language skills in an East Asian Language (Chinese, Japanese, or Korean) at a level of B2 (CEFR) or higher.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants are required to apply online at the application portal. Note that the candidates selected for a nomination for DAAD have to submit a subsequent application to the funding organization for a final decision. Applicants for CSC must submit their application to Beijing Office of Freie Universität until January 2018 at http://www.fu-berlin.de/en/sites/china/foerdermoeglichkeiten/fuer_chinesen/CSC-PhD-Program/PhD_Offer_2018/index.html.
Applications should include
· a CV
· a letter of academic interest
· a brief outline of the prospective dissertation topic (maximum 6 pages)
· a schedule for the dissertation
· and copies of certificates of your relevant degrees and language skills.
Two letters of recommendation shall be sent or uploaded directly by your referees to GEAS via the online application system before the deadline. For more information and guidelines as well as for applications, please register at the online application portal .
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on December 1, 2017.
The next application deadline will be December 1, 2017. For questions on admission and the online portal, please also consult the Admission FAQ on our homepage.
The screening takes place in spring 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed (via Skype). Candidates accepted for admission into GEAS will receive notice by mid-May 2017.
For additional information, please check our website and feel free to contact us at email@example.com. No legal entitlement shall be constituted by applying to the program. Reasons for rejections will not be disclosed.
Please visit our website for more information: http://geas.fu-berlin.de
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.