SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Applicants, especially orphans from sub-Saharan Africa are invited to apply for the 2018 Fully-funded Ashinaga Undergraduate Scholarships for Orphans from sub-Saharan Africa, only eligible persons will be considered for this program, hurry and apply.
Ashinaga presents the “Ashinaga Africa Initiative” aiming to provide higher education to 20 brilliant students from Sub-Saharan African countries each year, some of which are among the poorest in the world, and encourage them to become leading professionals in their own countries.
The scholarships are available for pursuing the undergraduate in the courses offered at candidate’s choice higher institution
The scholarship is hosted by the Higher institutions outside of Africa, in countries such as Japan, US, UK etc.
Scholarship is open to international students from sub-Saharan African countries.
Angola, Botswana, Cape Verde, Ethiopia, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
The Ashinaga (100-Year Vision) Scholarship provides a full scholarship that covers the cost of tuition, accommodation (during the terms and vacation), insurance, flight, and provides monthly stipend which covers food and necessary academic costs.
The number of offers was not specified
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Be an orphan, having lost one or both parents
- Be 23 or younger, having been born after October 1, 1995
- Have graduated high school within the past two years
- Be committed to returning to Sub-Saharan Africa once they have finished their studies abroad
There are three ways to apply for the Ashinaga Africa Initiative, although the Program prefers online applications or those sent by email. There is no application fee, and you must never pay anyone to apply or to apply on your behalf.
- Completed application form
- Working email address and telephone number
- Document proving the death of one or both parents, such as a death certificate
- Proof of age, such as a birth certificate, national ID or passport
- Secondary school/high school graduation certificate
- Results from final national exams
- Academic report cards from the last two years of high school/secondary school
- Recommendation letter from a principal or teacher
- Passport-style photo of yourself
- Both essays described below
Please type/write using a separate sheet of paper. If you choose to handwrite your essays, please write in print and with black ink. Essays written with pencils will not be accepted.
- Essay 1: Please describe how you grew up and experienced losing your parent(s). What challenges have you faced after the loss of your parent(s) and what have you done in order to overcome them? Please write in detail, especially the actions you took to continue and further your education. (Maximum 500 words)
- Essay 2: Please describe the goals you wish to achieve after graduating from university abroad. Outline how the skills and knowledge you gain from a university degree would help you reach your goals when you return to Sub-Saharan Africa. (Maximum 500 words)
Remember that these essays are personal—they are about you and so should only be written by you. Ashinaga is interested in how you make the most of what is available to you.
Deadline of this scholarship is in February 2018. Currently, this scholarship is closed but we shall keep you posted on the new date.
We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
- International Ambassador Scholarships at UWL in UK, 2018
- International Ambassador Scholarships at University of West London
- 50 international ambassador scholarships at University of West London in UK , 2018 University of St Andrews, School of Management International Ambassador Scholarships Scheme in UK, 2018
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.