Applications are now been submitted for the 2018 European Media Art Platform Media Artists in Residence Exchange Program, Europeans are invited to grasp this opportunity and make the most of it. Hurry and apply now!!
Description of Program:
The new European Media Art Platform offers residencies for Media Artists in the fields of digital media including Internet and computer-based artists, filmmakers, and those working in media based performance, sound or video as well as robotics or bio-art. The platform annually awards production grants to outstanding European media artists and supports research, production, presentation and distribution of media art in Europe and beyond.
Artists with European residence or a European passport can apply for a two-months residency within April and August 2018 (exact timing has to be negotiated with the host) at one of the following institutions:
- Ars Electronica Center, Linz
- Bandits Mages, Bourges, France
- Foundation for Art & Creative Technology (FACT), Liverpool, United Kingdom
- IMPAKT, Utrecht, Netherlands
- Kontejner, Zagreb, Croatia
- LaBoral Centro de Arte y Creación Industrial, Guijón, Spain
- M-Cult, Helsinki, Finland
- Onassis Cultural Centre, Athens, Greece
- RIXC, Riga, Latvia
- WRO Center for Media Art Foundation, Wroclaw, Poland
- Werkleitz Centre for Media Art, Halle (Saale), Germany
European Exchange Program
To be Taken in:
Students are not eligible (except PhDs), but emerging artists are encouraged to apply. However, there is no age limit! Artists groups are welcome if they are wiling to share the conditions including the accommodation.
EMARE includes a grant of 3.000,- Euros, project budget of 4.000,- Euros, free accommodation, travel expenses up to 500,- Euros, free access to the technical facilities and media labs within the host institution, consulting by production and market experts and a professional presentation as well as the option to participate in exhibition tours at our members’ festivals in 2018-2021. All selected artists will be invited for a networking kick-off conference 23rd to 25th of March in Helsinki. Please save the date!
Applications should be submitted online and must include a CV, (audio)-visual documentation and a preliminary plan or sketch of the proposed project to be developed within the EMARE programme.
- In order to apply for an EMARE residency online, you need to register.
- If you have not yet registered, you can do so by following the “Register” link above.
- Once you have completed registration, you will be assigned a personal log-in account, through which you can access the online application form.
- Your application is stored online in the ‘My submissions’ section of your account, where it is available for you to edit any time up until the deadline: 20th of January 2018 (after that the section of the website will be closed).
- Please note that it is permissible to submit more than one application via your personal log-in.
Deadline: January 20th 2018
For more information, visit European Media Art Platform.