SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Are you a students who seeks to obtain hand-on and first hand agricultural experience? Then this is for you.
Offers are now available for ECHO Internship To Assist Developing Countries’ Farmers In USA , and applications will be accepted till August 1, 2017. Applications are currently invited for ECHO internships program for undergraduate degree students. ECHO is offering January and April 2018 internships. Interns gain hands-on agriculture, appropriate technologies, small animal husbandry, and more. These Interns are paid a small monthly stipend and also receive basic health insurance and housing. The duration of internship is 14 months. ECHO internships are open to both single or married applicants (married applicants should choose one individual to be the primary applicant) and on Applications, individuals must ensure that all eligibility criteria must be met and application submission should be completed before the deadline.
‣ No. of awards: The number of interns selected will be 8.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : 2 interns starting January, 2018 (Lowland and Urban Garden areas) and 2 interns starting April, 2018 (Mountain and Monsoon areas). The application will close on August 1, 2017.
‣Value of Scholarship :
Is this paid internship? Yes, the current internship stipend is $500 per month. Interns are paid a small monthly stipend and also receive basic health insurance and housing.
‣ ECHO Internship Program exists to assist college graduates to prepare for serving in developing countries.
‣ This program is designed to serve both as a support to ECHO’s ministry as well as a hands-on training program in small-scale tropical agriculture or appropriate technologies.
‣ This is an outstanding opportunity for personal and professional development for those seriously considering a career in community development, missions, or similar fields. While ECHO is a service organization and not a formal training organization, the knowledge and experience gained as an ECHO Intern can be comparable to a year of graduate school.
‣ As a training program, interns are involved in an intense learning experience.
‣ Program equips agricultural change agents with the skills and practical experience needed to effectively assist small-scale farmers in developing countries. While all interns work in the Retail Nursery and all interns help produce seed for the Seedbank, interns are assigned to assist with either ECHO’s Seedbank team or ECHO’s Propagation Nursery team.
‣ ECHO Internship is open to both single or married applicants
‣ Applicants should have a Bachelor’s level degree (or equivalent work experience)
‣ US citizenship or work permit, and be able to fulfill the duties required.
‣ When choosing interns ECHO consider things such as: international experience, work history, career direction, skills, relevant classes, and motivation.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications are submitted via online.
Applications for the January and April 2017 internships are now open
‣ Internship Application Due Date: 2 interns starting January, 2018 (Lowland and Urban Garden areas) and 2 interns starting April, 2018 (Mountain and Monsoon areas). The application will close on August 1, 2017.
To learn more about the application and selection process please refer to the ECHO Internship Program web page .
To learn more about the Internship program please refer to ECHO’s Internship Program: Training Agricultural Development Workers for International Service document.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.