Applications are currently been submitted for ECCO Research Fellowships for International Applicants in Europe , and application submission will continue till September 1, 2017.his research fellowship is for young and enthusiastic basic and/or clinical scientists and is aimed at promoting and encouraging innovative research in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases.Eligibility criteria is a noteworthy information and must be adhered to accordingly.
‣ The European Crohn’s and Colitis Organization (ECCO) offers ECCO Research Fellowships to encourage and help young individuals in their career and promote innovative scientific research in the area of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases in Europe.
‣ Applicants should be aware that these awards are offered to promote and encourage innovative research in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases by young and enthusiastic basic and/or clinical scientists. Individuals with a well established career in the field of IBD research are not considered eligible for these fellowships.
Level: research program.
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded in the area of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases.
Deadline: September 1, 2017.
Funded By: The European Crohn’s and Colitis Organization (ECCO)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): ECCO Research Fellowships are targeted for Young scientists not older than 40 years or still training
‣ Award No: Up to two ECCO Fellowships may be given each year.
|‣ Scholarship Tenure : The duration of the award is one year.|
‣ Scholarship covers: A total amount of 60.000 Euro will be awarded per ECCO Fellowship. The Fellowship award has to be used to cover the applicant’s salary. If the award is not entirely used for the applicant’s salary, the remaining funds have to be used for other expenses of the Fellowship project (e.g. lab material). If, after the award of an ECCO Fellowship, a separate application for funding the project is successful, then the host is required to inform SciCom. This is to allow appropriate discussion of a separate funding body providing the salary of the individual and recognition of ECCO support.
N-ECCO Research Grant
ECCO-AOCC Visiting Travel Grant
ECCO Travel Award
N-ECCO Travel Award
In order to be eligible for ECCO Research Fellowships , the candidate must:
1. Not be older than 40 years or still in training at the time of application;
2. Submit an original research project using the “ECCO Fellowships/Grants Technical Appendix”, not exceeding 13 pages;
3. Having a hosting laboratory and/or department outside one’s own country, which has accepted to host and guide the Fellow under the supervision of a designated host for the duration of the Fellowship. The hosting institution is responsible, together with the Fellow, for the successful completion of the project;
4. If your hosting institute holds a current ECCO Fellowship, then another application for this period is not possible. Therefore, an institution cannot apply for two ECCO Fellowships in consecutive years;
5. ECCO Fellowship applicants and their hosts need to be ECCO Members (at the time of application);
6. ECCO Fellowship applicants are not limited to the ECCO Member Countries and can apply for non-European countries, but the benefit to ECCO has to be clearly stated;
7. Fellowships aim to enhance the opportunity for IBD trainees to work in European centres. The principal purpose is to enhance the fabric and scientific contribution of ECCO. Exceptional circumstances such as an ECCO Member from an ECCO Member state travelling to a non-member state will be considered, but such an application is likely to receive a lower priority than an ECCO Member from a non-European country visiting Europe.
Selection Criteria for ECCO Research Fellowships
All projects will be reviewed and scored by the members of the ECCO Scientific Committee with external review requested and expected, based on the following criteria:
- Originality and innovative nature of the proposal
- International scientific level of the research team
- CV of the applicant
- Importance of the project in the field of IBD
- Impact for ECCO
Scholarship Application Method
‣ All applicants should submit a proposal for a research project using the “ECCO Fellowships / Grants Technical Appendix”, not exceeding pages.
‣ The proposal should be written in Word format. Applications should be sent to the head of the Scientific Committee of ECCO via email toecco-at-ecco-ibd.eu.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : September 1, 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.