SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Applications are currently been submitted for the 2018 DKFZ International PhD Program in Germany, eligible persons are welcome to apply for this program.
Level: Fellowship is available to pursue PhDprogramme at Helmholtz International Graduate School for Cncer Research.
Field(s): Fellowship is awarded to conduct research at the forefront of basic and translational cancer research.
The typical duration of the PhD program is three years. During this time, students are fully funded by DKFZ fellowships or third-party funding. These salaries are competitive by national standards. There is no tuition fee. All PhD students at the DKFZ are enrolled at the Helmholtz International Graduate School for Cancer Research, regardless of how they are funded. Students awarded a PhD position through the biannual selection rounds are funded either by a fellowship or by third-party funding from their group leaders. There are several types of DKFZ fellowships available. Many students are funded by a Graduate School Fellowship. In addition, two other types of fellowship are awarded: A “Melanie and Eduard zur Hausen” Fellowship and an “Annemarie Poustka” Fellowship.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): DKFZ International PhD Program is targeted for applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Applicants holding (or expecting to hold) a university master’s degree (MSc or equivalent) including a written master’s research thesis are eligible to apply. PhD students typically have a background in (molecular) biology, molecular medicine, biochemistry, chemistry, and physics, mathematics, and computer science or epidemiology/public health studies.
- Applicants still studying for their degree should anticipate receiving it not later than 6 months after the application deadline. A provisional certificate or bona fide statement from the University, stating the examination marks already obtained, should be provided.
- A language test for English is requested for all applicants except those coming from Germany, as well as native English speakers from Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, and USA. No proof of English is required if the language of your studies was in English, as stated on your degree certificate and/or transcript record.
Scholarship Application Method
How to Apply
Please apply using our Online Application System (the system will open approx. two months before the next application deadline).
In the application form, you ar asked to provide information about your educational qualifications, honors, skills and interests.
A statement of motivation is also required and letters of recommendation from two referees. When filling in the online form, remember to have electronic copies (PDF files of not more than 3MB) of your academic certificates and English language certificate to upload with your application. If you have questions about the online application process, please check the Application Guidelines and FAQs.
Please don’t forget to click the submit button once you have completed the online application form. Your letters of recommendation do NOT already have to be submitted by your referees in order for you to submit your application (see below).
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : There are two application rounds each year, one in winter and one in summer. The next application deadline is 5th January 2018 for the 2018/19 Winter Selection.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.