SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The Georg-August-Universität Göttingen offers the MSc programme Tropical and International Forestry with the international degree Master of Science (M.Sc.). The programme is for students interested in pursuing an international career in forestry, nature conservation, ecosystem research or in development organisations.
Students are admitted to the MSc programme on the condition that they obtain a scholarship or bring their own financial support. The DAAD Scholarship Program is offered to students from Developing Countries.
Area/Field: Tropical Forestry
Institution: DAAD Scholarships
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
Value of Award: The scholarship covers living costs, study fees, health insurance, travel costs and German language courses for the whole course (24 months). The monthly allowance is about € 750 plus additional payments.
To Be Taken At (Country): Germany
Eligibility: To be considered for the DAAD scholarship:
- Applicants work at either a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (4 years) in a related subject (Forestry, Biology, Agriculture, Ecology, Geography, etc.)
- Will have completed an academic degree far above average (at least 2nd class upper division) and at least two years of related professional experience
- Is no older than 36; his/her respective academic degrees should normally not be more than 6 years old
- Has an internationally recognized English test score: IELTS (minimum: band 6.0) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based)
To be considered for the programme, applicants must have:
- BSc degree (or equivalent) in Forestry or a related field (e.g. Agriculture, Biology, Ecology, Geography) with very good to good results conferred by an institute of higher learning or a similar qualification
- proven proficiency in English (TOEFL 80 points/ibt, IELTS 6 points at least)
- Professional experience is also welcome
How to Apply: Interested applicants should go through all application instructions before applying.
Application Deadline: 15th October 2017
Award Providers: German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)