SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Run by the Commonwealth and Council of Europe, the five-day course will empower young leaders and youth workers from across the Commonwealth to develop counter narratives to hate speech and strengthen support for human rights through non-formal education and awareness-raising actions.
Type: Training, Contest
Value of Award: Trainers are paid. Both trainers will be contracted for 8 days at 260 euro per day.
To Be Taken At (Country): London, UK
- Delegates for next month’s course will include youth leaders, youth workers, educators and government officials who work with young people on peace-building, dialogue or human rights through awareness-raising and educational activities.
- Participants are expected from Trinidad & Tobago, Guyana, Jamaica, Canada, United Kingdom, Cyprus, Cameroon, Nigeria, Tanzania, Kenya, India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, and Australia.
Competence asked for:
- Conceptual and practical knowledge and training experience regarding human rights, using human rights education and intercultural learning and non-formal educational methodologies
- Experience with using the manuals Bookmarks and/or We CAN! in trainings and/or youth campaigns;
- Conceptual and practical knowledge and training experience regarding: hate speech, racism, discrimination, online campaigning and online activism, counter and alternative narratives, peace building, intercultural and inter faith dialogue and learning
- Knowledge of the Council of Europe’s Youth campaign No Hate Speech Movement
- Working knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of Commonwealth youth programmes and Networks
How to Apply: If you would like to be considered as a paid trainer, you should download the application form below.
Application Deadline: 16th October 2017
Award Providers: Council of Europe, Commonwealth Secretariat