Nominations are currently on submission for the 2018 Commonwealth Youth Awards, all entries are to be submitted for before the stated deadline.
The Commonwealth Youth Awards is presented to young people who are taking action to address development challenges in the world today from poverty, unemployment, climate change, violent extremism, lack of access to education etc. and are making a remarkable difference in the lives of the people in their local community, village, province, country, region and world at large.
Value of Award:
- The 16 Regional finalists will each receive a £1,000 grant, a trophy and a certificate.
- The 4 Regional Winners will receive an additional £2,000 (a total of £3,000) a trophy and a certificate
- The Pan Commonwealth Winner will receive an additional £2000 (a total of £5,000) a trophy and a certificate.
Eligible Countries: Commonwealth countries
To be taken at (country): UK
Eligibility: The young people who will receive the Commonwealth Youth Awards should demonstrate measurable/tangible impact through their development work.
- The nominee must have been engaged in development work for more than 12 months, either in a professional or voluntary capacity;
- The nominee must be a Commonwealth citizen and the development work must be taking place in a Commonwealth member country;
- The nominee should not be older than 29 on 31 December 2017;
- Individuals can nominate themselves or be nominated by someone who can accurately describe their development work ++
- The winners must agree to take part in publicity generated by the Commonwealth.
How to Apply:
- Register an account (Link below).
- Start your entry (save it in-progress).
- Submit your entry to be in the running. Best of luck!
Application Timeline: The 4 Regional Winners will be invited to receive their awards at an official ceremony in London, United Kingdom during Commonwealth Week, March 2018.