Applicants are invited to submit their entries for the CGI-AF Joint Postgraduate Scholarship Program for ASEAN Citizens in Thailand , and submissions will be on-going till 31 October 2017. The scholarship will cover tuition and other academic fees, round trip airfare, accommodation allowance, monthly stipend, book allowance, health insurance and others. Eligibility criteria is a noteworthy information.
‣ The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute (CGI) and the ASEAN Foundation (AF) have entered into an agreement to develop highly qualified human resources in the area of science and technology within ASEAN member countries through the Chulabhorn Graduate Institute – ASEAN Foundation Post-Graduate Scholarship Program in Science and Technology.
‣ The CGI is a multidisciplinary post-graduate academic institute established in 2005, under the initiative of Professor Dr.
‣ Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn Mahidol. The aim of CGI is to employ the most recent interactive teaching techniques used in leading educational and research institutions to train students in the program to be effective thinkers and leaders in their fields of expertise, to better serve their countries’ needs towards sustainable development.
‣ The CGI is presently offering CGI-AF Joint Postgraduate Scholarship programs leading to a Post-Graduate diploma and Master’s degree in Applied Biological Sciences: Environmental Health, Environmental Toxicology, and Chemical Biology
School(Institutions/ Country): | Thailand
Level: Postgraduate diploma and a Master’s degree.
Field(s): Applied Biological Sciences: Environmental Health, Environmental Toxicology and Chemical Biology.
Deadline: 31 October 2017.
Funded By: The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute (CGI) and the ASEAN Foundation (AF)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): CGI-AF Joint Postgraduate Scholarship is targeted for Students of ASEAN countries except Thailand (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesian, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam) can apply for these scholarships.
‣ No. of awards: This year, 5 (five) scholarships are available for students.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : The award is tenable for a period of 2 years, subject to an annual review of the scholar’s satisfactory progress.
‣Value of Scholarship : The scholarship will cover tuition and other academic fees, round trip airfare, accommodation allowance, monthly stipend, book allowance, health insurance and others.
CGI-AF Joint Postgraduate Scholarship is open to the eligible applicants who is under 30 years of age and hold a Bachelor Degree with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 in one of the following fields:
Sciences: Chemistry, Biology, Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Genetics, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Environmental Sciences.
‣ Medical Sciences: Medicine, Medical Technology, Nursing, Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Sciences.
‣ Applicants from other related fields are also welcome to apply.
‣ Have at least 1 year of scientific laboratory research experiences
‣ Applicants must have demonstrated English proficiency, preferably on one of two recognized test of language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS)
‣ Applicants must provide a statement of purpose explaining their interests in the study
Selection Criteria for CGI-AF Joint Postgraduate Scholarship
‣ Selection of successful applicants will be based on merit.
‣ Successful applicants will be notified of the outcome by the CGI in February 2018
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Duly completed application form should be send by post or via email.
CGI scholarship application form and medical history and report can be downloaded from here.
For more information, please contact
Name: The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute
Address: 54 Kamphangphet 6 Road, Laksi, Bangkok 10210 THAILAND
Tel Number: (66 2) 554-1900 ext. 2144, 2128
Fax Number: (66 2) 554-1992
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31 October 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.