SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Entries are currently been submitted for the 2018 Candian Centre for Architecture Emerging Curator Program, eligible persons are by this notice invited to apply for this program.
The Emerging Curator Program offers the opportunity to propose and curate a project at the CCA related to contemporary debates in architecture, urban issues, landscape design, and cultural and social dynamics. The project is to be developed during a residency of three months at the CCA.
The CCA encourages a wide range of proposals for curatorial projects with a broad scope. Proposals must bring an innovative curatorial model to the contemporary discourse on architecture. The CCA seeks proposals that use the curatorial project as a tool to foster ideas, to question relevant positions, to introduce new research themes, and to critique current modalities, with the ultimate goal of advancing new thinking for architecture and the built environment. Particular attention will be given to projects that intend to locate the discourse of architecture within a broader context across disciplines and practices.
To be Taken in: Canada
- Architects, journalists, designers, critics, historians, photographers, artists, and other scholars and professionals born on or after 1 January 1982 are eligible for this program, regardless of citizenship and place of residence.
- The recipient will receive a maximum of $12,000 CAN to cover travel, housing, and living expenses for a period of up to three months in Montreal (subject to the income tax laws of Canada and Quebec).
- The languages in use at the CCA are English and French.
- Collective or collaborative projects are welcome; however, only one person will be eligible for the residency to realize the project on behalf of the group.
- All submissions must be new projects, never presented, published, or realized before.
- The scope of the project and specific timing of the residency will be determined in consultation with the Chief Curator, CCA. No more than one project per applicant will be accepted.
Applications should be submitted through the CCA online application portal and consist of the following documents and information, in English or French (in a PDF file of up to 5 MB maximum):
1) A CURATORIAL STATEMENT (1,500 TO 2,000 WORDS, WITH NO MORE THAN TEN IMAGES), INCLUDING THE DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT AND STRATEGIC JUSTIFICATION. THE DOCUMENT MUST ALSO INCLUDE A PLAN AND A WORKING SCHEDULE;
2) A CURRICULUM VITAE DETAILING EDUCATION, RESEARCH AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, WORKING LANGUAGES, AND ANY OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION;
3) A REPRESENTATIVE SELECTION OF A FEW REALIZED PROJECTS THAT CONVEY AN IMPRESSION OF THE CANDIDATE’S DISTINCTIVE APPROACH;
4) CONTACT INFORMATION FOR TWO ACADEMIC OR PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES WHO ARE FAMILIAR WITH THE CANDIDATE AND HIS OR HER WORK.
Only applications submitted through the online application portal will be accepted.
Application Deadline: March 2nd 2018
For More Information: