The Government of Canada is leased to call for applications for the 2018 Canada Recruitment of Policy Leaders Program, this program stands to provide successful applicants ample opportunities in various sectors in the country, Hurry now and apply!!
Value of Award: The salary will depend on the position being staffed
To Be Taken At (Country):
- Government of Canada organizations
- Various locations across Canada
Eligibility: As part of the application process you will be asked to respond to pre-screening questions about the requirements listed below:
- Education: You must have obtained by December 31, 2018 from a recognized university, a Master’s or a Doctoral degree in any discipline, or a law degree complemented by another undergraduate degree in any discipline.
- Academic excellence or distinctions: You must have obtained a record of academic excellence or a distinction.
- This record of academic excellence or distinction must have been obtained through:
- Scholarships, such as: Trudeau, Rhodes, Fullbright, or Canada’s three federal granting agencies (Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR), Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC); or
- Academic prizes or recognitions, such as: the Governor General’s Academic Medal (Gold or Silver), merit awards, departmental or university awards or admission to internationally competitive academic programs; or
- Other academic distinction or achievement that demonstrate comparable levels of domestic or international academic excellence or achievement; or
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Degree equivalency
- Experience: You must have acquired relevant policy experience in at least one (1) of the following fields: economics, political, legal, social or scientific.
- This policy experience must have been acquired through:
- Work experience; or
Research, studies, presentations or publications; or
Program or policy development or implementation; or
Managerial experience with non-governmental organizations, voluntary organizations, government, businesses, consulting firms, think tanks or universities.
- Work experience; or
- You must also have participated in activities in which you have either taken a leadership role, or demonstrated initiative, which brought about positive change in a community through:
- Voluntary service to a community (e.g. student government, voluntary or not-for-profit sector); or
- Personal accomplishment or initiative (e.g. high-level sporting or cultural achievement, founding a business or other organization); or
- Receipt of community recognition through awards, prizes or other public acknowledgement for non-academic, non-professional achievement or contribution.
- Various language requirements
Selection Criteria: The RPL program assesses candidates on the following requirements:
- Knowledge of Canada’s public policy environment, its challenges and priorities.
- Analytical thinking
- Values and Ethics
- Ability to communicate effectively orally
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing
– Effective interpersonal relations
How to Apply: Apply here
Application Deadline: 2nd November 2017 23:59 Pacific Time