SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Applications are currently been submitted for the 2018 BBC World Service International Play Writing Competition, eligible persons are welcome to apply for this program
- Anyone aged 18 or over and living outside the UK – whether you’re an established writer, completely new or anywhere in between.
- Entrants must not be BBC, BBC Group company, British Council, The Open University or Commonwealth Foundation employees, close relatives of such employees or any person connected to the competition. Proof of age, identity and eligibility may be requested.
The entrants warrant, by submitting plays, that the play:
a) is the original work of the entrants,
b) is not an adaptation of an earlier work (for example a novel),
c) will not have been professionally produced in any medium (an informal play-reading is acceptable; a play-reading with a professional director and in front of a non-paying audience is acceptable, but a performance involving payment to actors and/or a paying audience is not) before 31 March 2019,
d) will not have been offered for publication, performance or broadcast or produced in any other form or medium to any other person or company before 31 March 2019, and
e) will not have been entered for any other competition before 31 March 2019.
There are three prizes to be won.
- Two first prizes – for the best radio plays by writers with either English as their first language or English as their second language. Both winners’ plays will be broadcast on BBC World Service.
- In addition, there’s the Georgi Markov prize – for the most promising script, this prize gives the winner a chance to come to London for two weeks and work alongside BBC Radio Drama and with BBC World Service journalists.
How to enter
The competition is open from 3 October 2017 to 31 January 2018. The competition is open to new and established writers, provided they live outside the UK and are 18 or over.
In order to enter you need to send:
• A script for a 53 minute radio play with up to 6 central characters – we are unable to return these, so make sure you keep a copy
• A synopsis which outlines your play is no longer than 400 words
• A completed entry form (here), attached to your play and synopsis.
Or you can complete and submit your entry online (here) by uploading your play and synopsis along with your personal details.
Application Deadline: 31 January 2018.
For More Information: