SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Applications are currently been accepted for the 2018 ASTRON-JIVE Summer Student Programme in Netherlands, e,eligible persons are invited to apply for this program.
The Netherlands Institute for Radio Astronomy (ASTRON) and the Joint Institute for VLBI in Europe (JIVE) announce the availability of a limited number of grants for their 2018 Summer Research Programme.
Level:This is a 10-12 weeks summer research programme.
Field(s): Possible topics of study include radio galaxies and quasars, aspects of observational cosmology, continuum and line emission/absorption from normal and starbust galaxies, faint radio sources, pulsars, molecular clouds, cosmic magnetism, as well as working with LOFAR data.
Scholarship covers: The research grants will provide successful candidates with accommodation in the locality of the Observatory, a modest stipend for up to three months, and full travel reimbursement.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Netherlands
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): ASTRON-JIVE Summer Student Programme is targeted for International Students
Applicants for ASTRON-JIVE Summer Student Programme must be
- astronomy students
- graduate or advanced under-graduate
Scholarship Application Method
‣ To apply for the summer studentship 2018, please fill in the on-line application form: http://www.astron.nl/summerstudent/
Please note that in the on-line application form, you should give the names and details of two referees. These referees will be asked to submit a reference letter for you before February 1, 2018. This is also an on-line process.
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is February 1 , 2017
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.