SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Applications are currently been accepted for the Asia Foundation Development Fellows Program in Asia and USA , and application submission will stop by November 20, 2017. Eligible persons are invited to apply as they would be granted consideration
The Asia Foundation Development Fellows program is designed to be a multifaceted experience, enhancing leadership skills, Asian development knowledge, professional networks, and international exposure for Asian professionals.
Level: It is a year long fellowship program involving intensive learning modules – short courses, conferences and study tours in Asia and the USA.
Field(s): The program provides an unparalleled opportunity to strengthen their leadership skills and gain in-depth knowledge of Asia’s critical development challenges. The program is designed to enhance leadership skills, Asian development knowledge, professional networks, and international exposure.
Scholarship covers: All program expenses are covered, including costs for coursework and programming, airfares and local transportation, lodging and meals, visa fees, and health and accident insurance. Fellows are also provided a per diem during program activities. Providing proof of financial means is not necessary. Fellows also receive a Professional Development Award of up to US$5,000 for their own personalized professional development plan.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Asia and USA
Beneficiaries(Target Groups):Asia Foundation Development Fellows Program is targeted for Resident nationals or citizens of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar,.
|Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam |
To apply for Asia Foundation Development Fellows Program , Fellows must :
- Have a demonstrable record of high achievement, and must show evidence of outstanding potential for professional advancement, and significant impact in their chosen field;
- Have a demonstrable record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation’s fields of expertise – governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation;
- Have outstanding personal character and integrity; Be thoughtful, committed, respected and inspirational leaders within their professional fields and within their larger community;
- Be under 40 years of age by the time of selection: January 1, 2018
- Be conversant in English (TOEFL exam results are not required);
- Be available and able to participate in all program components on the program dates specified; and
- Be resident nationals or citizens of the following countries where The Asia Foundation has programs: Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Cambodia; China; India; Indonesia; Japan; Korea; Laos; Malaysia; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Pakistan; Philippines; Singapore; Sri Lanka; Thailand; Timor-Leste; and, Vietnam.
Selection Criteria for Asia Foundation Development Fellows Program
‣ The selection for the Asia Foundation Development Fellows program is highly competitive. Initial screening and evaluation will be handled by staff at The Asia Foundation who will review each application thoroughly and narrow down applicants to a pool of finalists.
‣ Later, final selections will be conducted by a committee of distinguished experts who bring high levels of familiarity and expertise with Asia’s needs and development conditions to their determinations, and will be tasked with carefully weighing issues including equity, opportunity, community and professional, and leadership potential in their deliberations. Fellows will be chosen without regard to sex, race, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic background, marital status, or financial need.
‣ The identities of nominees will remain confidential throughout the final selection process.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on November 20, 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.