SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Applications are currently been accepted from African students for the 2018 African Students Ferguson Scholarships at SOAS University of London in UK, eligible persons are welcome to apply for this program.
The Ferguson scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic merit. Students offered a Ferguson Scholarship must take it up in the academic year 2018/19 and it cannot be carried forward to a later year.
Level: master programme at the SOAS, University of London.
- Full-time MA African Studies
- Full-time MA International Studies and Diplomacy
- Full-time MA Social Anthropology of Development
Scholarship covers: Each Ferguson Scholarship is valued at £25,000 in total and lasts for one year. The scholarships can be used for fees and the remainder towards maintenance. The Ferguson scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic merit.
School(Institutions/ Country): | UK
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Ferguson Scholarships for African Students are targeted for applicants from African Countries
To apply for Ferguson Scholarships for African Students , applicants should:
- Be nationals of and resident in an African country
- Hold an undergraduate degree at the first class level
- Hold an offer of admission to pursue one of the eligible programmes by the scholarship deadline. Priority may be given to applicants with unconditional offers. If your offer is conditional, please ensure you meet the conditions as soon as possible.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2016.
- If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirement as soon as possible.
Scholarship Application Method
Scholarship Application Procedures
You must follow two steps:
- STEP 1: Apply for your programme
You must submit a COMPLETE on-line application for admission.
Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue a full-time masters programme at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your on-line application for admission. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of the year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
It is recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks BEFORE the scholarship deadline (that is, by 9 January 2018).
- STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship by 17:00 (UK local time) on 20 February 2018.
You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line application form which will open HERE on 23 January 2018.
For enquiries, please:
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5094/5091
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 20 February 2018
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 17:00 (UK local time) on 20 February 2018.
- You must also submit a complete online application to your programme. It is recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks BEFORE the scholarship deadline (that is, by 9 January 2018). Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.