Entries are now been accepted for the 2018 African Leadership Centre Peace and Security Fellowship for African Women, eligible persons are invited to hurry and apply now
About the Award:
Value of Fellowship:
- This is a fully funded opportunity, not including any visa application and processing costs. Funds will be made available to the Fellows to cover tuition, subsistence in the UK and Africa, and travel expenses related to the programme in both phases.
- While funding will be made available to pay for accommodation, successful applicants are expected to find their own accommodation both in the UK and Africa. Fellows are strongly advised to make all necessary accommodation arrangements prior to taking up their positions on the Fellowship Programme.
To be taken at (country):
Kings College London, UK. Candidate’s home country
- Candidates must be female citizens of African countries.
- Successful candidates must hold valid travel documents prior to acceptance.
- Candidates must have knowledge of, or experience of women’s rights, gender anddevelopment issues.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to contribute to work on peace and security in Africa.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate capacity to undertake research on issues relating to peace and security in Africa.
- Candidates must demonstrate commitment to the core values of the programme: Independent thinking; Integrity; Pursuit of Excellence; and Respect for all forms of Diversity
- Candidates must have a relevant institutional base and be endorsed by an organisation with which they have been involved for at least two years. Exceptional candidates without such organisational ties may be given special consideration.
- Candidates must have a demonstrable plan for how to utilise knowledge gained in the Fellowship upon return to their countries and/ or organisations.
- Candidates must hold a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree with an equivalent level of professional experience.
- Candidates must be fluent in spoken and written English
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted Online at the following link: Peace and Security Fellowship for African Women .
The following documents are required, before your application will be considered complete:
- A letter of application detailing your relevant experience and qualifications.
- A supporting statement no longer than 1,000 words, detailing why you think that this programme is important and future plans for engagement with peace and security issues.
- 2 letters of recommendation (To be received directly from the Referees by the deadline of 23:59 hrs, Sunday 8th April 2018.)
- Recent curriculum vitae.
- Two writing samples ((maximum 2000 words each – example can include original research paper, extracts from dissertation, essay paper, policy paper relevant to peace and security).
All supporting documents should be submitted via the online portal. Please note that no email applications will be accepted. If you are experiencing problems with the online application portal, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We encourage all applicants to submit their applications early to avoid delays and failure to submit because of technical challenges.
8th April 2018.