SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Do you have passion and commitment to development of Africa? Outstanding academic and professional achievements?Then the 2018 African Development Bank Young Professionals Program for Africans is calling on you to apply, hurry now and ensure that applications are submitted before the stated deadline.
The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a three year leadership opportunity for the development of Bank’s future leaders. We attract highly qualified and motivated professionals from our member countries for a productive and rewarding career path in development.
Fields of Work: The specific disciplines and specialist professional areas that are aligned to our Ten-Year Strategy (TYS) and our gender strategy are the following five high priorities (Hi-5s) of the Bank’s operations:
- Light Up and Power Africa: Power systems development (grid base power system, power utilities), Climate change and green growth (climate finance, climate adaptation), Energy statistics, policy and regulation (energy statistics), Renewable energy (off grid energy access), Energy partnerships (energy partnerships and stakeholders engagement, energy markets).
- Feed Africa: Agriculture & agro-industry (agribusiness development, agriculture research, production and sustainability), Agricultural finance & rural development (agricultural and rural finance, rural infrastructure development).
- Industrialize Africa: Private sector development (strategy and new product, portfolio asset management, special operations), Financial sector development (financial institutions, financial inclusion), Infrastructure, cities & urban development (transport and logistics, ICT), Industrial and trade development.
- Integrate Africa: Development research (macroeconomic policy, debt sustainability and forecasting, microeconomic, institutional and development impact), Governance and public financial management (program development, policy management), Statistics (economic and social statistics, statistical capacity building).
- Improve the lives of the people of Africa: Water, human and social development (education, human capital and employment, sanitation and public health.
Institution: African development Bank
Value of Award:
- The Young Professionals Program offers you a platform to build an exceptional and fulfilling career in the Bank. This development program spans 36 months and is structured under the Young Professionals Learning Academy. It is delivered in batches of 6 months each, to deepen knowledge and build technical and leadership skills necessary for future roles.
- The learning will immerse you into different functional areas of the Bank where you will have hands-on experience in projects and various work assignments.
- Partnerships with experts from recognized institutions support us to deliver training such as leadership development.
- Majority of your learning and development is experiential as you continue to be supported by coaches, mentors and colleagues.
To Be Taken At (Country): Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Eligible Countries: African member countries
Eligibility: To join, applicants should:
- Be a citizen of a regional or non-regional AfDB member country
- Be 32 years of age or younger by 31st December, 2017
- Possess a Master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline that is relevant to the business of the Bank, with outstanding academic credentials
- Have at least 3 years work experience in the areas related to our high priority areas (Hi-5s).
- Demonstrable on-the-ground/hands-on experience on the African continent and/or in other continent’s developing countries
- Have passion for Africa’s Development
- Demonstrate strengths in leadership including leading others
- Able to leverage knowledge, share and coach others
- Effectively work in teams with adaptability to a diverse environment
- Strong analytical skills, an entrepreneurial drive, results-orientation and problem-solving capability
- Business Acumen and innovation mindset.
- Be proficient in the Bank’s working languages, either English and/or French.
- Have skills that enable you work in a digital environment and embrace technology as it evolves
- Be willing to live in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire the Bank’s Headquarters, and travel to undertake country assignments.
How to Apply:
- Please note that application for admission to the AfDB YPP is an online process. The YPP is highly competitive program and you are advised to provide as much relevant information as possible.
- Applicants with dual nationality are advised that the Bank recognizes only one nationality from a member country; as such, kindly indicate the nationality you wish to declare.
- Successful candidates from the selection process will be appointed YPs under their declared nationalities for the duration of the Program and any continuing contract with the Bank.
Application Deadline: 11th September 2017
It is important to go through application instructions and checklist on the Program Webpage (See Link below) before applying.
Award Providers: African Development Bank